Traps

General water gun discussion.
trekkie00

Traps

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:46 pm

Does anyone have any good trap ideas? They don't need to be able to work, but please make them plausible!

One idea: Fan Blast Trap

Take a water gun, hook up a string to a trigger, loop it around a wheel and axle, and place it across the ground. If someone bumps the string, the trigger is pulled, causing MASS SOAKAGE!
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:47 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/tactics/traps.php

Check these out for ideas.

I bet there are entier sites dedicated to traps. I'm too busy to pull up Goggle now though.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:00 pm

I had an idea for a trap involving trip wire and a bucket full of water. It would work, but I think the wire would be noticed before someone triggers it.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Weaseldood

Post by Weaseldood » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:40 pm

I once found a nifty design for a trap somewhere. It was quite simple, take a "flexible"(Can't think of a better word, sorry) plastic bottle, drill two holes into one side so that there's one at the top and one at the bottom. Tape over the holes with two strips of tape, you'll need to remove these later, so leave some room to rip 'em off. Now fill the bottle with water and screw on the cap. Then go to the area around your water war base or battlefield, then dig a hole and bury it on the ground, holes facing upwards. Take off the tape and cover the thing with some leaves and stuff. Now the trap is set! When someone steps on it, the pressure will make the water shoot up and soak the opponent. Now, this could be enchanced by replacing the bottle with a plastic bag and some tubing, making the trap a formidable addition to your war.

And oh yeah, first post. Whee.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:18 pm

That design for a trap can be found on iSc.

http://www.isoaker.com/Info/article.cfm ... _def_traps
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:42 am

Hey, I designed a trap like that. Its on soakthis right now, and soon to be on my site. Ill post about that later.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:52 am

I rember a site called drenched. I think that site had quite a few traps. But I am not totaly sure.+

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:09 pm

I have an idea for base defence, just fill up a 3L bottle, put a sports cap on it and prop it up on a brick so that the 'nozzle' is pointed more or less 45 degrees up. When the enemy attacks, open the sports cap and step on the middle of the bottle. Around 10X shot with a decent range. Haven't used it in battle, but you can of course use your soaker at the same time. Might be good for 1HK CTFs and such like.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:43 am

You could try blue mages tripwire.xps a bottle screw on a ball valve with a cap with a hole. a water balloon filler can fit in.Fill it then use a whole lot of tape on the string set the tripwire and put the taped end in the hole.The rest is obvious.

sorry for grammer its 12:00 pm.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

soakup

Post by soakup » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:57 am

I know that this is a relatively old thread but I really want to express a current trap idea.

I name it the massive

The way it works is you take a soft flexible air tank, and connect it to a 2 liter bottle. Which you punch 6 holes in causing air to go into the water pushing the water out the holes and maybe you could make it react to vibration.
Another one is take and tie needles to a string and lightly tie it around water baloons attach the string to wheel and axles and you have you an axle
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup