Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Repairs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
Jadefalcon09
Active Model Builder

UserID: 62

Hey there folks. From time to time, Soakers will pick up age. With that age comes performance problems. To keep your soaker going, there are fixes to those problems. To better understand your problem, and most importantly get a faster fix to it, follow this template when posting your tech issue.

Tech Template
------------------------
1.) In 1, brief sentence, describe the problem.
(example- When I pump my *Insert Gun Name*, water leaks out of the nozzle without me pulling the trigger.)
2.) In 1 sentence, describe what you think the problem is (leak, busted tube, defect, etc)
(example- I think it is a tube leak, or a rod inside is becoming weak.)
3.) Go into detail and describe what exactly is going on. List all the general steps taken to get to the problem (did you bang it on concrete? is it leaking AFTER or BEFORE pumping?)
(example- I filled my gun with water, about 2/3 full. I pumped my gun to about 1/4 pressure, and it began to shoot out of the nozzle.)
4.) Tell us the age of your soaker if you can, or an approximate age of the gun.
(example- about 3 years old.)
5.) Do your homework, what do you think will fix the problem, if you can think of any solutions
(example- I am not sure about the problem, I do not have much tech experience.)
6.) Provide a detailed picture.
7.) Give us the Model Name, gun type, and if possible the company name.
(example- My gun is a CPS model, the picture from isoaker's site shows this is a CPS 1000, made by larami.)

Also mention if your soaker is lacking in performance lately, or if it is not feeling just right to you, it may need a reinforcement or repair. Hopefully this template will get a few questions answered quicker, and you and your soaker back on the field faster!