The PS3 is incredible, and also shiny.

Topics related specifically to video gaming.
The Stealthy Panda

The PS3 is incredible, and also shiny.

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:52 pm

I got a PS3 in the mail yesterday. :) About bloody time. Anyway, I played MotorStorm, and the graphics were ridiculous. I literally could not tell whether the opening cinematic was an actual video or not until about halfway through. Anyone else got something to say about PS3, post it here.
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:54 am

I'm looking at getting either the 60GB or 80GB version and the game Armored Core 4. There's just something about giant mechs and explosions and lasers that appeal to me :cool:
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Specter

Post by Specter » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:44 am

hells yea. my friend got one a little after launch. resistance is one of the best games ever. now that theres the price drop i might be getting one sooner. it is the best console on the market. I'm telling this by experience that it blows 360 out of the water. R6:vegas is also a great game.

how did you get one in the mail anyway? did you do one of those "free" offer things? its amazing you actually got the thing. i wish i could get that.

Games i definitely recommend(some arent out yet):
Resistance
Rainbow 6: Vegas
Oblivion
Metal Gear Solid
LAIR
FEAR
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Gengi: Days of the Blade
Killzone 2
Socom: Confrontation
Stranglehold
Unreal Tournament 3
Ridge Racer 7
and many others i can't think of

oh and one thing your definitely going to love in the fall is PSHome. thats going to kill xbox live (at least thats what all them things (i just forgot the word) are saying)
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:14 am

Specter wrote:hells yea. my friend got one a little after launch. resistance is one of the best games ever. now that theres the price drop i might be getting one sooner. it is the best console on the market. I'm telling this by experience that it blows 360 out of the water. R6:vegas is also a great game.

how did you get one in the mail anyway? did you do one of those "free" offer things? its amazing you actually got the thing. i wish i could get that.

Games i definitely recommend(some arent out yet):
Resistance
Rainbow 6: Vegas
Oblivion
Metal Gear Solid
LAIR
FEAR
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Gengi: Days of the Blade
Killzone 2
Socom: Confrontation
Stranglehold
Unreal Tournament 3
Ridge Racer 7
and many others i can't think of

oh and one thing your definitely going to love in the fall is PSHome. thats going to kill xbox live (at least thats what all them things (i just forgot the word) are saying)

I would have to disagree that the PS3 blows the 360 away. In a matter of fact, and I am talking about industry statistics, the 360 crushes the PS3. Graphics are virtualy identical. Especialy if you have the Black 360 that has 1080p graphics. Most of the PS3 games are also on the Xbox 360, while a number of 360 high quality games(Mass Effect, Bio Shock, halo3...) are exclusive.Also,the lack of vibration feature made the PS3 Oblivion game inferior to the 360 version(according to the president of the company who made oblivion). That and the PS3 lack of the 2 oblivion expansion packs.

While the PS2 used to have vararity, the PS3 is all about shooters now while the 360 has now the vararity games. And as for Xbox live getting crushed to, that won't happen since its more userfriendly than the Sony counterpart. I am not trying to be a jerk here, and I don't want to seem confrontational, but according to online review sites and retailers, the PS3 is doing incredibly badly right now in sales. At least compared to from what Sony expected.

i might buy a PS3 if they ever make use of the blue ray space potential and make a massive complex game, but that seems unlikly since that would be to expensive to make for only 1 console...1 console that gets outsold by the 360 and Wii.
Last edited by ZOCCOZ on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:05 am

I like the ps3 as a gamer, and I do align myself more with Sony, but I do have to admit, they made it too glitchy and too expensive for a new console. I've heard countless stories about discs melting and the system "exploding" on people. Not to mention it's the most expensive of the three main consoles. But, I prefer shooter games over most anothers anyway, and I will wait patiently for the day when it's worth buying. I am NOT buying a Wii or 360. End of story :cool: I just wanted everyone to know that I am not ignorant to the ps3's flaws (which are obvious and people who don't recognize them and say they don't exist should be smacked)

As for these other less obvious problems, such as lack of expansion packs and game features vs. the 360, it's only a matter of time before Sony will catch up. Hopefully. I've heard that Armored Core 4 has voice feature in the online game with 360 and ps3 doesn't. To me, it's starting to sound like everyone hates Sony and is encouraging the 360's sales. Just because of that, I refuse to buy the 360. I may sound immature or dumb or something along those lines but I'm passionate about what I like, and what I like is Sony and the Playstation franchaise.
Last edited by Monsoon on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:57 am

For me its not even the glitches that are off puting on the PS3. I always get a 3-4 year warranty for electronics, so I'm not that worried. But it is the skinny Library of the PS3 that ruined it for me. Right now the 360 has more of everything: RPGs, Shooters, Action, racing... . 1 year head start and easier game format developing makes a huge difference. A massive game library is what sells consoles.

I remembered an old thread a few years back, when we discussed the Xbox versus PS2 and halo fanboys insisted that the Xbox dominates. I think I was the only one who defended the PS2 that it has the bigger library, most developers, vararity and its easier to develop games for and therefore its the better selling system. And aparently I made a good point since...well PS2 games are still made while the original Xbox is now completly replaced by the 360.
And now, all of these strengths are on the 360s side.

Personaly I don't realy care about Sony or Microsoft. I go with the system that gives the best game results. Last gen it was the PS2, this gen its the 360. At least thats how its at this point. Who knows, perhaps the PC will make a new big comeback again with the new X10 graphics games. (If they ever stop focusing on mediocre RTS and shooters.)

As for Armoured Core 4, its prity bad on 360 or PS3. I seldom have seen critics slam a big name title like that. Online feature is supose to be better than offline but not by much. The robot modes are way to cartoony and arcady. CHROMEHOUNDS is a much more realistic mech building alternative and is based on more reaslistic squad based combat.
In any case, I own Chromehounds and have downloded the Armored Core trial over Xbox live. Lets just say it sure didn't take me long to erase the Armored core trial from my hard drive. ;)

On the flipside, AGe Of Conan online will be multiplatform: PC, 360 and PS3. Something tells me that there will be a hostility between microsoft and sony users.
Last edited by ZOCCOZ on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:29 am

I have been a fan of the Armored Core series since the third installment (it goes AC3, AC Silent Line, AC Last Raven, and then AC4). The fourth game is totally different than the others in the sense the controls are easier and builidng the mech has been dummbed down. I loved AC Silent Line, and by the looks of it, it will still be my favourite. Games always change for better or for worse. Unfortunately, this time it's for worse. Like I said, I'm waiting until the ps3 is worth buying, including getting a bigger game library. I'm happy with my ps2 until that time arrives. I don't have the money or the time to be playing a new gen console right now anyway.

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:09 pm

The thing about Xbox is Microsoft is always trying to sell you extra devices, allowing the console to perform tasks the PS3/PS2 can do out of the box. Last time it was DVD, now it's HD)) DVD. Wow. Did you see that logo? I gots me some maaaaaad skillz. :cool:

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:41 am

did you know sony is going crazy with their console configs. they now discontinued the 60 gig and put out a 40 gig, with no card slots, only 2 usb ports, no backwards compatibility, which i now think isnt too bad since most people still have a working ps2. And they did put rumble back in the PS3 controller, i dont remember when it is supposed to be released though, its called the SIXAXIS Dualshock3
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:43 pm

I heard it was just going to be called the Dualshock 3. I also heard that the decision to make it had something to do with Gran Tourismo.

powersurge919

Re: The PS3 is incredible, and also shiny.

Post by powersurge919 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Amen! The PS3 has yet to be unchained. I have a feeling we will be seeing even more quality games this summer that we may have never even heard news on.
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 27, 2008 8:59 pm

Mmm...that's doubtful. Not to say MGS4 won't be big, but there won't be any sleepers either.

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:59 am

This is the ultimate forum for PS3 users or fans. it also holds the latest news that no one else has.

http://sonypg.com/
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:27 pm

Im not going to gte too involved with this topic, ive argued my case FOR the PS3 too many times, but in most case the PS3 usually wins these online-bouts.

PS3 is now out selling the 360 in the majority of countries, as well as being a higher-performance machine. besides, PS3 doesnt have the red ring of death problem.

Final decider?
Take a PS3 and a 360 side by side, both vertically. now, with your favourite game disc in each one, turn them to the left (so they start to go up side down). Now, try to get your favourite game discs back.
-PS3 will easily give it back... the 360 on the other hand... will destroy it, wasting time and money. but then again, isnt that all the 360 is? a waste of time and money? lol
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:34 pm

The ps3 doesnt have the innovative interface and user friendliness of the wii or any of the awesome lineup and competitive community of the 360, so basically it fails.