Cursed 4100

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
DX

Cursed 4100

Post by DX » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:39 pm

I posted a while ago that my 4100's trigger snapped and that I was trying to fix it.
Well, after the 10th try it finally works again. Epoxy, super glue, wire, sawing, duct tape, nothing was working. I got it to stay using an elaborate network of strategically placed strips of duct tape. The trigger doesn't slide foreword after firing, but it can just be pulled. Do not ask why it took 10 tries. The trigger is cursed and it will eventually break again. This is a lesson for everyone who has a 4100. Reinforce the trigger as soon as you get the soaker and prevent this before it happens.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:12 am

It depends on the exact make of the 4100. I have two, and one has a stubborn trigger and it broke and I had to fix it (I'll explain later in the post) and the other has a normal, not-hard-to-pull trigger.

To fix my trigger, this is what I did. First I drilled two small holes--one in the trigger itself (next to the break) and one in the part that stayed (next to the break). I didn't use wire, I used a nail that I used as wire (sorry for confusion) because it is much stronger. Then I put a ton of plastic welder on it. I pulled, and the trigger got stuck! So I got some wire cutters and cut most of the plastic around the trigger (Don't worry, you hardly ever touch that part so you can't really feel the cut plastic) and that made it work fine.

If your 4100 does not have a hard-to-pull trigger, you probably have what I call the MKawesome (the other one is the MKdifferent) and do not need to reinforce your trigger, though you can if you want to.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:23 am

Here goes Blaze with his views on the CPS 4100. I hear trigger snaps (or weak triggers) from CPS 4100s all the time (well, make that most of my soaking carrier). Trigger reinforcement is a must with this soaker.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:38 am

I cut the plastic around the trigger and even that was a pain. Wire cutters did nothing. Reinforce the trigger no matter what people say if you have a 4100. Mine was strong and I thought it would never break. If you hold the trigger near the top when you fire, and not the bottom, its won't BREAK.
Simple as that.

sharkatron

Post by sharkatron » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:44 am

I'm going to do it with my 4100 soon. It's weird, I've had my 4100 for three years and have had no trouble with it at all. ;) I am going to reinforce it anyway.
If it shoots a lot of water really far, I like it.

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:04 pm

I guess you are right, Dux, every 4100 owner should reinforce the trigger because it is much easier to do that then to fix it once its broken.I would mostly reccomend putting stuff like epoxy or plastic welder (the best for plastic, much stronger than epoxy) on the vulnerable part (you'll see it easily) before you use your gun a lot.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:19 am

if you make a certain design with duct tape a broken trigger will stay attached. My friends broke during our skirmish, but I added the duct tape and it was working again in 10 min. Duct tape will work well for a temporary, on the spot repair. Of course you should use glue later and reinforce in the first place. ;)

Ellindar

Post by Ellindar » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:58 pm

How would you reinforce a trigger? I know, I'm a newb. On my 4100 when you pull the trigger sometimes it just stays back and I have to pull it out. What would I have to do to fix this?
My arsenal:
2x Vaporizer
2x Liquidator
1x Helix
1x Cps 4100
1x XP 110
1x Super Soaker Splashfire

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:38 pm

The Board Guidelines say to search before posting. It was on *this* site, here. This site actually has most of the modifications and repairs there are. Be sure to check here first. ;)