Mini Splashzooka

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Captain Galaxy

Mini Splashzooka

Post by Captain Galaxy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:14 pm

I've almost finished my new CPS homemade. It's basically a Splashzooka with a spherical bladder made from balloons stretched over a 3/4" barb. The whole thing is about a foot and a half long making it one of the smallest homemades that I've seen. It also cost only about $10.

I haven't been able to get much more than about 10 ft of range, but I don't have very many balloons (about 12) on it. I'm also probably going to get some LRT, which should be more reliable than balloons, though it would end up being larger.

All the fittings are threaded, so I may eventually attach a pump and make it like a normal blaster.
Live Long and Prosper

cantab

Re: Mini Splashzooka

Post by cantab » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Just keep adding balloons. You'll probably want more like a hundred.
Start with small ones, and as it gets thicker move to larger ones.
Yes, LRT will probably be better. It won't necessarily be larger, but will require a different shape for the pressure chamber, ie cylindrical rather than spherical. Cylindrical fits a lot better in pipes (the obvious choice for an outer case) anyway.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Captain Galaxy

Post by Captain Galaxy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:29 pm

I just ordered some LRT, so I should be getting decent range in a few days. If I get the chance, I'll get some more balloons to put on the bladder. Hopefully I'll be able to get at least 40 ft of range when I'm finished.
Live Long and Prosper

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:41 am

Sounds good. I haven't heard of many homemade Splashzookas and I haven't heard of many homemade spherical CPS guns. The combination should be good, although I'll note: A water gun meant to be filled only at the hose should have the capacity to last a long time. I'm not so sure you can get that with balloons (unless they expand a lot, which would be a little clunky while wearing out the balloons faster).

Captain Galaxy

Post by Captain Galaxy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:01 am

When my LRT arrives, I'll have much more shot time. The balloons were just an experiment. I actually measured the range, and it's about 17 ft, wich is ok considering that I only used 12 balloons. If I want to still use balloons, I can make a pump and reservoir, though that would defeat the purpose of this baster, which is to be pathetically small (currently only 18" long).
Live Long and Prosper

used man

Post by used man » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Wow i built something exactly like that this summer. One piece of advice, DO NOT drill holes in the casing to act as a pressure gauge. Mines bladder popped due to that flaw. encase you wanted to see mine heres the link http://forums.sscentral.org/t5063/ .
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

Captain Galaxy

Post by Captain Galaxy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:28 pm

One thing I've also considered is making it into a Power Pak, which may make it easier to use, though my design would allow it to be interchangeable. Maybe I could use LRT for the backpack part when using it like a Power Pak and the smaller spherical bladder for when it's being used as a Splashzooka. Another thing I noticed is that the range is increased to about 35 ft when I squeeze the bladder (kind of like the first squeeze bulb squirt pistols).
Last edited by Captain Galaxy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Long and Prosper

Captain Galaxy

Post by Captain Galaxy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:02 pm

My LRT came today, finally. After ripping my thumb apart trying to get it on the barb, my water gun can actually shoot about 45 ft, with about 10 seconds of shot time, which may seem awful, but keep in mind that my APH gets about 2 seconds of shot time. This is with my smallest nozzle which is probably 5-7x. With a 1x nozzle, though, shot time should be much better.
Last edited by Captain Galaxy on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live Long and Prosper

cps zer0

Post by cps zer0 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:19 am

i made one of those but i still haven't bought the right lrt so it shoots a little over 10 feet.
armory: 3 aph's 2 max d 3000's 1 supercannon2 1 cps 2 xp 215's and a cheap pr gun