What do the internals of the power pack look like.

Threads about water gun modifications.
Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:56 pm

I was wondering if anyone has opened there power pack backpack part, and has pictures of it. Also if some one has seen a picture online of the power pack's internals and can post it in this thread please do so. But I am planning on making a pvc type power pack gun, similar to peppers homemade one, but I would make mine a cps backpack like the power pack. Thanks for any help. B)

Edit: sorry I meant RolandTower's Ultimate Water Gun

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:08 pm

I'd imagine the PowerPak's internals would be rather simple. In fact, most all water guns have fairly simple internals. Especially SC-style ones. I don't see how that's similar to Pepper's homemade in anyway, but anyway...

PowerPaks are not opened because of the straps on them. You will have to cut the straps in order to open them up.

Of course, you don't really need to know what the PowerPak looks like on the inside to make a CPS backpack gun. You probably don't remember Leftovers, a small project of mine where I made a simple CPS backpack gun. I had planned to make another one with 3 or 4 chambers, but I never got around to it.

The design is extremely simple. It only requires a single check valve for the filling/hose attachment part, and you could get some gardening quick connect/disconnect pieces to do that task. Hose parts are 3/4" threaded if you didn't know. ;)

Essentially, skip the internals part and jump right into the creation stage. B)