Conserve Space

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:02 pm

SSC has limited bandwith and the such. Help Doom keep the site running by saving the free space. Do simple things like having a smaller avatar, not posting too many web hyperlinks, and linking to pics instead of attaching them. Doom had to take the soaker clips offline due to bandwith concerns. If we all cut back on our usage of space, then it will be less of a concern.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:59 pm

I have my own domain and uploading service, so I can upload things there.

Also, you can use a free uploading service like Yoxio, it gives enough space for things for free!
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:44 pm

not posting too many web hyperlinks
Now that's just a little extreme... saving some bytes when we need something like megabytes saved. Just don't post huge images, that'll save a good deal of space.

I actually plan on getting better hosting. I also have been working recently with someone and if I get a staff position at that site I may get a slice of their unlimited space.

The space problem only exists with the movies. If we had a host where we could put them there would be no problems, and I think that we will eventually.