TyphoonCPS

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Sun

TyphoonCPS

Post by Sun » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:26 pm

I'm making my next homemade and I need help with how to make a trigger like on JLspacemarine's CPH.

Sun

Re: TyphoonCPS

Post by Sun » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 am

Somebody PLEASE help me with this, as I have been waiting for a while now.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 am

Could you be more specific? What kind of gun are you trying to build? How large is it? How much trigger pull do you want? You need to answer all these because a trigger suits its gun; it's not just plopped on for good measure.

These pictures provide a glimpse of JLspacemarine's trigger system. It's just a wire that pull a lever, which opens the ball valve. It's very simple.

My homemade CPS gun works on the opposite principle: It's a rod that pushes a lever, which opens a ball valve.

These are the two current systems for triggers. Mine is more robust, but JLspacemarine's is likely easy to build from scratch, though that's not to say that mine was difficult.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Sun

Post by Sun » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:27 am

Well, I'm building a CPS gun somewhat like a lighter version of SuperCPS and the CPS Custom Assault Rifle, so about 27 inches is the length of the entire gun. The trigger is on the pump shaft like JLspacemarine's but I'm not sure how to get it on (as in the trigger itself)

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:12 pm

JLspacemarine's trigger is similar to a gun that I build before. It is just a pipe over the pump shaft. This picture helps:

All you need to do for the trigger is attach a place for the fingers below and a connection point for the trigger wire/rod at the top. That's it. The problem is getting the trigger wire (in JLspacemarine's and your case) to be the correct length.

Do you have a picture of what you've build so far?

Sun

Post by Sun » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:17 am

Thanks for clearing that up. Also, what ball valve did you use? And finally, would it be more practical to make an integrated res( to save space) or a pc with some cut off(to save weight)?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 pm

I used a 3/8 brass ball valve. JLspacemarine used a 1/2" brass ball valve. You should find both at local stores. Nothing special here.

What do you mean by "PC with some cut off"?

Sun

Post by Sun » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:12 pm

I mean a pc with about half of it cut off yet still able to fit in the endcap.

Sun

Post by Sun » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Drenchanator, what size drill did you use to drill the hole in the pipe for the trigger? And also, how did you and/or Jlspacemarine get the wire onto the 1/2 inch ball valve?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:39 am

I used a 1" hole saw to drill the hole.

Neither JLspacemarine nor I attached the wire, or in my case rod or beam, directly to the ball valve. Both of us built new torque arms for the valve.

This picture shows what I'm talking about:

The new arm has a hole that the beam feeds into. Do the same for a wire; tie the wire to the hole. Look at JLspacemarine's topic to see how he did it for a wire; he attached a new arm to the valve, and just tied the wire to a hole.

Sun

Post by Sun » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Drenchenator, how did you get the handle of the ball valve off the ball valve?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:21 am

I bought a ball valve with a removable handle. All the metal ball valves sold locally had removable handles. My local Lowes sold the one I bought; they had a box with at least 30 in the plumbing section.. The handle was secured to the valve with a screw, just like how you in the picture above. It was just a regular 3/8" brass ball valve

Sun

Post by Sun » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:21 am

Unfortunately, mine seems to be glued on, so I'll have to get a new one.