help!!!!

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
used man

help!!!!

Post by used man » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:58 pm

I made a cph the other day but the tube clamp on the back of the lrt holding the plug in keeps moving until it hits the end of the tube and flys off ill explain ad show the gun later.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

aEx155

Re: help!!!!

Post by aEx155 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Well, it seems that your tubing clamp isn't on tight enough. You should try tightening it more.

If it starts cutting into the LRT, then buy some non-cutting clamps or wrap the LRT in tape.

If the clamp is already cutting into the LRT and its slipping off, then I'm not sure what to do; if all else fails, make sure you're using the correct size clamp. One that's too small won't be able to hold against the force of the LRT and water.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:45 pm

Tighten the clamp more. The worst that could happen is that it cuts into the tubing. Ben and I both tighten the end clamps as much as possible.

If all else fails, do what aEx155 said that get some non-cutting clamps.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

used man

Post by used man » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:34 pm

well its fixed by using two clamps and a bolt instead of a plug. now here is the description the gun is essentially a homemade splashzooka. it is the only slightly bigger and only slightly heavier. here is one of my famously bad type drawings...

#= threading

\___|_________________________________|___/ | |
( )
#
hose connects here^

:p

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:08 am

it might be better to take a picture of your gun rather than trying to type an image with ASCII.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

used man

Post by used man » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:39 am

wtf happend to my diagram!!??!! sorry about double post but edit button wouldnt work im making a new thread about the gun with pictures.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:44 am

Most forums and html don't treat extra spaces very well... (I, too, learned this the hard way a few years ago)

When I didn't tighten the clamps properly on my own CPH, mine would simply leak without slipping off. Hmm..

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:08 pm

The secret to ASCII drawings on forums is the

Code: Select all

tag in combination with a program that uses monospaced fonts like Notepad.  Draw it in Notepad and post it in the [code] tag.  Anything else will get screwed up because spaces are removed and different fonts or different sized fonts are used.

After doing some reformatting I got this:

[code]#= threading

\___|_________________________________|___/     | |                     
                                                 ( )
                                                  #
                                hose connects here^

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:35 pm

I don't understand why they like removing extra spaces, but as Ben mentioned, variable-width fonts don't do ASCII graphics very well. Normally I'd recommend drawing something and saving it in an image file, but Ben's reformatted version looks good enough.

What type of performance are you seeing?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Bad ASCII drawings are much worse than bad Paint ones. Or at least ASCII drawings in a variable width font; it just messes up the whole order to it. In the future, if you can get a photograph, please post that, though I fully admit I understood what was going on when Ben reformatted the drawing.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.