Water war death reason?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Lord Asriel

Post by Lord Asriel » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:06 pm

From what I've read, guys, you seem to enjoy some really tactical water wars. I suppose there is death included in it right? How does it occur? Obviously its not if you are just hit by a droplet else you wouldnt be so positive about large output...Do you "die" When there is no inch of your cloth/body non-soaked? How do you work these things out?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:36 pm

There are several different types of games and I can't list them all here (because I'm lazy), but the main ones are one-hit-kills (where getting hit on the main body eliminates you) and soakfest (just going for all-out soakage). Either way, CPS soakers give you a psychological advantage over the other team when they see you coming at them.

e.g.:

Enemy 1: That's a massive gun they've got there!

Enemy 2: Let's run! We can't hold out with our Max-D 2000s against that beast!

After which your team surrounds them and in a couple of well-aimed blasts soaks them to the skin.

Ok, I exaggerate. But the principle remains. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:29 am

the way I have the wars is when your hit you have to go to your base and wait a set amount of time
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

DX

Post by DX » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:45 am

in Nick's group [Waterbridge] its 1-hit kills
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:50 am

http://www.sscentral.net/tactics/top.php

I don't know why I put that in tactics, maybe a sub category is needed, but that pretty much explains in a short paragraph every type of elimination and game I've played and more.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:17 pm

How about you replace the League sub-category (what's that for, anyway?) with a Game Types category? You could have even more detailed explanations about the different types of game with also war stories of each game type. Also you could have pros and cons of each game type.

Just an idea... B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:16 pm

I was planning on getting rid of the Leagues XPBackfire-esque alltogether and add a lot of Pictures, but I don't have too many to add. If anyone has got any pictures they would like on SSC, email them to me and if you can tell me what it is if you think I may not be able to identify it.

Your idea is good, but I think more than a game types category is needed since there are several articles in there than don't quite fit. I'm not sure what to call it, if anyone has got any ideas post them here. I was thinking of something like Other, but that is way too boring and generic.

Btw Neo, change the way the quote is displayed in your new tactic article so that it's like in the AoW article #1 to keep everything the same. I don't have FTP or CPanel access from this computer. :Hey, that's funny.:

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:34 pm

Done. btw, asriel, I usually do soakfests. if that helps.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Lord Asriel

Post by Lord Asriel » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:08 pm

It doesn't help much since at my age people tend to mock some fun things children do + we Don't have soakers here, yet I now have an idea of what's happening :) )

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:33 pm

water balloons at least?
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.