Fisher / Fischer Tag

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
TheJuggernaut

Fisher / Fischer Tag

Post by TheJuggernaut » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:58 pm

I'm really surprised that no one has heard of this fun game before... the search function found none of the key words, so here's hoping no one's heard of it before... it's really not a game type, but more of a type of water fight.

I used to play it with the 30+ coworkers of my mom's at a regional park after a BBQ. Most everyone had a Super Soaker (I used a backpack model thus my forum name here) and the water area was neutral ground.

The kicker to this game was the method of elimination. And depending on your apparel choice, determined your favored outcome.

The missing piece? Alka Seltzer.

You poke / drill a hole in the middle of a tablet, and then run a piece of string through it. Place on yourself around your neck like a necklace and then run loose with your weapon of choice.

When your seltzer has fizzed away, you're out.

As you can see if you wear a shirt or something that soaks up water shot at you, your tab can disappear faster than if you were going bare-chest. The game usually lasted us the entire afternoon because as you might imagine, the seltzer doesn't keep fizzing unless you keep applying water to it.

Add Silly String & whipped cream cans for effect. ;)

Yes, we had a blast. Thought I'd share this with you. :)

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Sounds like fun! Super Soaker had/has some things called SoakerTags that performed a similar function. But they were sold at a tremendous price (and just for disposable products), so nobody really used them much. Your alka-seltzer idea seems like a clever substitute, and it sounds like they're much longer-lasting than another method - pieces of paper taped to clothing. :cool: