What Is Allowed?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:21 pm

Just wondering if any of these are allowed in water warfare:

1. Cars

2. Dogs

3. Bikes

4. Shields (made from wood)

5. Fire Hose
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:48 pm

Depends completely on who's making the rules, buddy.

Cars probably wouldn't be a good thing because it will be an unfair advantage to those who are older.

Most dogs probably don't like water and wouldn't participate anyway.

Bikes might be okay if you're good on them. Water-Wheels might be an idea here for those who remember it.

Wooden shields will be heavy, and therefore less effective than plastic or cardboard.

Where are you going to get a fire hose? Call up the local fire dept. and ask? I doubt they'd give you one.

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:20 pm

Originally posted by Super Sonic@Sep 6 2004, 11:21 AM

1. Cars

2. Dogs

3. Bikes

5. Fire Hose
most dogs are afriad of water, don't know what u would want with them plus that's like animal cruelty imho (some one is going to scare the Hasbro HQ out of those dogs by shooting at them)

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:26 pm

most dogs are afriad of water, don't know what u would want with them plus that's like animal cruelty imho (some one is going to scare the Hasbro HQ out of those dogs by shooting at them)
If most dogs are affraid of water, then why do I always see them swimming in lakes and ponds and rivers and all sorts of stuff like that? But whatever.

If you did by some chance get a fire hose, that could be deadly. People can die from a blast of a fire hose. (so I've heard)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:14 pm

If most dogs are affraid of water, then why do I always see them swimming in lakes and ponds and rivers and all sorts of stuff like that? But whatever.
Most every dog I've met. Sure there are those who love water, but (at least where I live), most dogs don't like getting wet.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:41 am

Its also different when it comes streaming at them. Especially from a CPS soaker.
Lose the bike, its not stable enough to shoot easily from. Unless you can easily ride with no hands. Or you can do one handed, and just be a distraction. Scouts can use bikes with out guns.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:30 pm

My dog absolutly LOVES water. ^_^

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:48 am

What about motor scooters?
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:05 am

dude, anything can be used as long as you allow it. If you wanted to drive a moster truck, and you had no rules against it, you could. Its like asking the rules to tag. There are many ways to play, and you can make up new ways. So yes, if you want to. Use a motor scooter!
BlueSoak.net

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:00 pm

Originally posted by Super Sonic@Sep 6 2004, 01:21 PM

1. Cars

2. Dogs

3. Bikes

5. Fire Hose
1.) No. Cars should be avoided. There are penalties to injury for being shot at from a distance with you in a car, and you personally shooting out of it, Wreckless driving, etc.

2.) No. Animals should be kept outside of the opertion if you can help it.

3.) Again No. There is a greater chance of injury. A bike counts as a vehicle, not a toy, thus there are penalties, etc like the bike issue.

4.) To a degree yes, if the are agreed upon.

5.) ABSOLOUTLY NOT. Fire hoses are for shooting hundreds of feet, and putting out fires. The power of a Firehose is too great for water warfare combat. Avoid it at all costs.

As for motor scooters, falls under the vehicles category, and are also Illegal in some states. Why would you want to attempt to ruin a thousands of dollars worth scooter anyways?

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:15 pm

hehe.... if we get papers signed we're allowed to ride mopeds to school....

yeah, I'd have to agree with jade on that minus the bike thing, as long as you're not shooting while you're on the bike - once again, the issue of reckless driving.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:11 pm

I'm talking about shooting water at dogs, most dogs are afraid of supersoakers....

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:18 pm

Besides, most dogs, when out in the woods, tend to like to find small, furry woodland creatures, snap their necks, and bring them back to you as a "present". Ick.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:04 pm

Thanks everyone, you really helped.

imported_water_warlord

Post by imported_water_warlord » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:30 am

if you can figure out a way to keep the water flowing on the no-pump water guns and tape them to the bike it might work