A Water Warfare Story

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:46 am

This probably won't even rival Hyper9's great chapter, but I'm going to type/write a story based upon newbies and soaker tech (combined). Maybe it will bring hope upon newbies to water warfare and encourage modding/homemade-making.

.::EDIT::.-This story will include Doom's vaporizer mod, so I need some directions on how it's made.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:23 am

I quickly typed this part, may need some editing, but here it is:

Against The Tide
Part 1
New squirts on the block

It was a day common for southern ontario, with a cool breeze and a brightly shining sun. Zach was slouching on the couch in his living room, planning to spend his summer watching T.V. and playing video games. "Zach, your friend is at the door!" called his mother. Zach lazily climbed up from his comfortable position on the sofa while watching an advertisement on the new Super Soaker vaporizer on his way up. He slowly walked to the door-almost falling-and looked up to see his friend Dan standing in the doorway, with a huge smile pasted on his face. He pulled Zach out onto the cobblestone driveway. Dan had his hand in his pocket, still smiling. "Zach, look what I got!". Zach's eyes widened as his friend pulled out his wallet and zipped it open. "My family gave me $200.00 for graduation, and I have no idea on what to spend it on," exclaimed Dan. "That's lots of money, maybe you should spend it on video games or something," said Zach lazily. "Doncha think we have enough games to last us an entire two years? That's why I'm having problems deciding!" said Dan. While Dan and Zach had been talking on the driveway, three kids were drenching each other with some CPS weapons. One kid caught the sight of Zach and Dan on the driveway, and hid behind a car. The other two caught on, and also did the same. "Well I can't go spending my money on fireworks, that's just crazy, maybe......" CLICK! The three came out and soaked the two innocent conversationists in unison. "Hahahahaha! did you wet your pants?", exclaimed one kid while shooting Zach's shorts. The trio ran off down the street. "When I get my hands on those kids....." yelled Zach, while kicking a garbage can, "I'm going to make them pay.....somehow.". "Well at least we have an idea of what I might wanna spend some of this moolah on," said Dan. "Yeah, while I was inside, there was this Ad for a soaker called a "Vaporizer". We might wanna take a look at it," Zach suggested. "Can we do this tomorrow? I have to go eat dinner," said Dan. "Okay, meet me at Headshot's store at noon, and bring your cash!" called Zach as Dan started home.

Probably will be edited multiple times because of spelling or content

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:54 am

You should make it so that they go to SSC and see that a K-Mod can increase range by 10 feet and output to 25x, then the kids decide to K-mod their Vaporizer :Hey, that's funny.: .

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:21 am

You should make it so that they go to SSC and see that a K-Mod can increase range by 10 feet and output to 25x, then the kids decide to K-mod their Vaporizer .
Yoy can't k-mod a Vaporizer Blaze ;) And if you could, the 2004 line would be a LOT more useful.

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:09 am

Originally posted by Drewsky92@Jun 22 2004, 06:21 PM
You should make it so that they go to SSC and see that a K-Mod can increase range by 10 feet and output to 25x, then the kids decide to K-mod their Vaporizer  . 

Yoy can't k-mod a Vaporizer Blaze ;) And if you could, the 2004 line would be a LOT more useful.
DUH! THATS THE POINT! Sorry for caps but did you notice the friggin smiley? That was showing that it was a JOKE!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:27 pm

Nice! So far so good.

If you guys want to read a really really long story, read mine at WWN. It's in the community forum a ways down.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:18 pm

Uhh, well, I'll see what I can do with the instructions. ;) I have to find all those photos I took.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:57 pm

My idea is to make Zach and Dan realize the 2004 line is XPBackfire-esque, and end up modding and make their own soakers, using SSC as a guide (with permission from Neo and Doom) to help them. It will end up as a huge war.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:56 pm

You don't need my permission to make a story with SSC in it. Feel free to do what you want. :D

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:46 pm

Originally posted by Monsoon@Jun 22 2004, 04:46 PM
This probably won't even rival Hyper9's great chapter
Thanks!

Looking good so far dude.
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:25 am

awesome story! I'll keep up with this and check back a lot!

I was just in a war today, 6 vs 4, we whooped the other team, I was very dry while the other team was toatlly soaked!
I don't check this forum anymore.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:39 am

Ok here goes the second chapter:

Against The Tide
Part two
The Purchase

The next day, Zach met Dan at Heashot's store, on a small, hidden street in the enclosed neighbourhood. Little did they know that what they were about to do would change their summer lives forever. "Hey Dan, did ya bring the money?" Zach asked. "Yes I did, and I think my wallet is going to explode soon!" exclaimed Dan. The two walked inside the small, cramped store. They made their way to the very back of the mart, and started at the numerous shelves titled "Summer Fun". "Hey, I think this is the one!" Yelled Zach, "Yeah, this is the Vaporizer I saw on T.V.!". They both looked for the one in the best condition. "Here's a good one!" called Dan. The two looked at each other like they were the luckiest kids on earth. They took the soaker to the front cashier. "That'll be six dollars please!" said the cashier. The two walked out and sat on the curb. "It looks amazing!" said Zach with excitement, "And we didn't even break the bank!". The two friends stood up and walked to Zach's house. "Hey Dan, pass me those scissors, will ya?" asked Zach. Zach cut the blaster from it's cardboard holder, and held it as if he was going to shoot it. "It feels perfect in my hands!" Zach exclaimed, "This is one sweet gun!". Dan came over to take a look. "What styling it has, it looks like it's straight out of the future!". The kids went into the backyard to test it out. "Ok, it's done filling" said Dan. Zach took it from him and pointed it at an old shed. "Ok, here it goes" said Zach. He pulled back on the piston pump, and watched the water fly. "Seems pretty good, let's teach those stupid kids a lesson!" Zach suggested. "Ok," said Dan, "Let's go!".

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:39 am

Nice so far, you should combine them all into one post after you get aways, makes it easier so you Don't have to scroll down and look at each and every post.
I'm working on my story, it's 7 pages now, I'm debating on releasing it now or posting it once a lot farther.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><u>My Arsenal:</u>
<span style='color:green'>1x CPS 10000 (K-modded)
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color :o range'>~More to come~

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:30 pm

Here's the third installment of the story:

Against The Tide
Pt. 3
Skirmish

On the same day Zach and Dan bought the Vaporizer, the three kids who soaked them the day before were planning another sneak attack. They were gathering up more people to help them with this attack. When they rounded up about five other kids, they pulled out a map of the neighbourhood onto a wooden desk in their garage. They all had CPS weaponry and were the elites of their own soaker teams. One of the kids brought a few bags of water balloons. Zach and Dan were in for the suprise of their summer lives. "They live on this street here," pointed out Mark, the leader of the attack team, "If we take the street behind his house, and hop their fence, we could attack from the backyard!". "If half of us took the front and half took the back, then we'd corner them for sure!" exclaimed Dave--who was appointed as Lieutennant. "Yes, and with our CPS guns and balloons, no one will survive!" said Mark. The kids picked up their weapons and some started filling water balloons with portable balloon fillers. At this time, Zach and Dan were goofing around with their Vaporizer. "I'm getting tired, maybe we should take a break." said Dan. "Sure, I'll get out some cokes and chips," said Zach. Dan sat and lounged on a lawnchair while he waited for Zach to get the snacks. Meanwhile, the army of kids were quickly advancing, and already split into halves and took their separate ways. By the time Zach came out with the chips and Cokes, the one half were already waiting behind the fence at the back of the backyard. "Good stuff, what kind of chips?" asked Dan. The other group gave the back team the signal after the two oblivious friends opened the bag of potato crisps. The group at the front split into two groups and each group took opposing entrances into the back. The kids waiting behind the two friends lobbed water balloons and the other group opened fire. "Holy moly! grab our Vaporizer!" yelled Zach. Dan tossed it over to Zach, and Zach aimed it at the one with the biggest weapon, a CPS 2500. Zach pulled back on the piston pump and watched the water come bursting out the front like a geyser. The results were shocking to him. "Why doesn't this thing go as far as theirs?" he thought to himself. By now, Dan was drenched from multiple water balloons and Zach blinded by shots in the face. The kids burst out laughing and left. "Those little sons of......." cursed Zach, while wiping his eyes with a towel. "That gun stinks," said Dan. "I didn't know it was so underpowered," exclaimed Zach. "Well if it's not good enough, we must do something about it," said Dan. "Do you have any money left?" asked Zach. "Ahhhhhh! I spent it all on video games!" yelled Dan. "I told you you'd spend it on games," said Zach. "Well I couldn't help myself...I....," quivered Dan. "Well something needs to be done, and I think I have a solution!" said Zach excitedly. "Well let's see what it is," said Dan. The two dried off and went inside. Zach flicked on his computer screen and pushed the 'on' button. They had no idea what they were getting into.