Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Repairs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 07-06-2003, 09:42 AM   #1
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1
Default 2700 Fixed!

My 2700 is fixed. My dad and I reinforced the trigger with some brass. We also lubricated the trigger so that it shoots easier. The reinforcement made the trigger just as loud as the Max-D ones. I'll post some pictures of the fix before and after.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:35 PM   #2
Ben
Founder

Attached a pic of the busted trigger. It's full size, so it will take some time to download.

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:36 PM   #3
Ben
Founder

Attached a pic of the trigger after it was repaired.

Old 07-06-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Ben
Founder

Attached a pic of the 2700 after everthing was done.

Old 07-06-2003, 09:10 PM   #5
Excelite

UserID: 7

I did a similar repair to my CPS 2500 a few years back (and repeated it a few times). I used strips from an aluminum can instead, and put the strips inside the little groove in the trigger. It works fine for awhile, but it's going to need repairing again soon.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:15 AM   #6
Ben
Founder

I used some brass, and it's working great. Try some brass instead of several strips of aluminum.

Old 07-07-2003, 09:02 AM   #7
shadowstalker

UserID: 33

yea :shifty:

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World
Old 07-07-2003, 09:14 AM   #8
Ben
Founder

Someone will ask what's with the duct tape soon, so I'll tell you right now. I had to drill out some of the screws, I lost a couple screw and stuff like that happened. So, I put duct tape where it had no or little screws.

Old 07-08-2003, 12:04 AM   #9
Excelite

UserID: 7

You can lose a few screws (Hey, that's funny....). My XP 110 has maybe 6 of the original 12 or 13 screws that came with it. It comes apart really fast when I have to repair it. I have around 30 spare screws :blink:

Just leave the screws in the key parts of the gun (corners, skinny parts, key connecting parts where one piece of the shell holds another on) and you'll have no need for all that duct tape.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:50 AM   #10
Ben
Founder

I did put the screws in key parts. I had like 8 screws, and I used everyone. Some parts had no screws, and were coming apart, so I put duct tape there.

Oh yeah, maybe 1 out of 20 times I use the trigger, it gets stuck. <_< I'm going to have to fix that.