Spring Cleaning

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Hunt_and_Annoy

Spring Cleaning

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:36 pm

Today I am working on fixing up all the small problems my soakers may have developed during the winter. I have already epoxied a leak on my MXL and am working on an open-trigger valve repair for my 2700.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:10 pm

Good luck with the repairs! They sound very straightforward, so I doubt you will have any issue. ;)

joannaardway

Good luck.

Post by joannaardway » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:51 am

I'm doing this sort of thing myself. I found my broken Triple Agressor yesterday, and now I look at in the new light, it seems perfectly fixable. However whenever I open something, I can't resist the urge to mod it. I've already adapted the nozzle feed, and I'm probably going to CVF it.

I might also switch out the rather spurious sponge holder so that the pipe is extended and rerouted along the bottom as a riot blast a la flash flood.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:21 pm

The open trigger valve fix would be easier if I could find a rubber band or a spring...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:38 pm

I'm doing some open trigger valve work on my CPS 2700 at the moment. It's not major, but it might prove to be useful.

I think I'll have to de-MAX-D the trigger on the 3XA (ok, it's a 2XA now)
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston