The booby trap thread

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
soakup

Post by soakup » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:33 am

Lately I have been trying to experiment with water mines I have been trying to make ones like the bouncing betties they used in Vietnam but all my tries haven't worked I also tried to make flat water shake grenades but all my tests have failed.
Eventually after a lot of work I designed a time bomb type thing.I made this by putting a bit of clay,a lot of shaving cream and,water in a water baloon then I shook it and I set it then in 10 seconds. . .Kaboom.

Anyways in this thread please try to keep your ideas practical. B)
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:12 pm

Welcome to the forums! Quite honestly, the list can go on and on for material and methods used in traps. Please use the Search Button to search for other topics regarding traps. Please Also search the website regarding this information, there are a few things about traps on the website.

edit- this would also be more suitable in the Tech Forums.
-Jade

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Sun May 29, 2005 5:03 pm

I designed a water balloon trip mine when you cross it's wire it explodes. It's simple Get a chunk of wood and tape a water balloon to it. When you have done that Get one of those things that you attach to boots to tighten them and tape a needle onto the little button that pops out and push a bent paper clip throgh the little hole and stick it on so the needle is almost touching the water balloon. after that tie fishing line to the clip and it's ready. :p h34r:
I'm from Scotland and I like Haggis!

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sun May 29, 2005 9:10 pm

You need:

1 large XP/small CPS
String

Tie the string around the water gun's trigger and lay it across the ground. When the person walks across the string, it pulls the trigger and shoots water. If the person is walking in a group, they think it's an ambush and fire their weapons, wasting water. It might be useful if the gun's on fan blast or something like that

You could also fill a water balloon with corn starch and water. It makes a very gooey mess.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 29, 2005 9:32 pm

The problem I see with that is that the water will just hit their feet and do nothing in terms of scoring kills, or soaking above the knees. That trap will also give your enemies a useful gun. I have found most traps to be not effective, although there is one that the Militia has thought up that is ingenious. Not giving away anything, though...
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Sun May 29, 2005 9:40 pm

is anyone interested in my idea? :angry:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:14 am

Similar ideas like yours have come up. Almost all of them involve water balloons.

A friend of mine gave us an interesting idea. If we could build a portable sprinkler system, we could set up the sprinkler heads along a path and when someone walks by we can set them off. I drew up plans for it before, but I found some flaws in it.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

death angel

Post by death angel » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:16 am

I really don't think that this idea would work, but here it goes: You could set up one of those reusable paint mines, (the one that you would use in paintball) but set it up with water instead of paint. Supposedly they cover a 400 to 600 square feet area. I doubt water has the right consistency to work well, but it might be worth the try. I would only do it if you already had a CO2 tank, but if you do, it doesn't cost much to fill it.
The product is here .You might also try using a paint grenade, but those are one time use only.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:59 pm

To have a successful booby trap, you have to make it something the enemy will almost certainly walk into...

My best working booby trap was a large (5l) bottle suspended upside down from a tree full of water (the bottle, not the tree). Concealed at the top was a tire valve, just have this at your base, then pressurise it with a bike pump before leaving the base. When the enemy take the base, they won't waste the water, then when they open the bottle, a load of pressurised water comes out...

Practicle, reliable, cheap, and the enemy will fall for it.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

USSA

Post by USSA » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:28 pm

By the by those land mines use a 12g disposable cartridge which can't be refilled...

P.S. I'm back.

death angel

Post by death angel » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:47 pm

By the by those land mines use a 12g disposable cartridge which can't be refilled...
Are you talking about the paint chamber or the C02 chamber, because both can be refilled. Thats why it's called a reusable mine. Of course, if you were to fill it with water instead of paint, you wouldn't have to pay for paint refills. But you would still have to refill on C02.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:09 am

okay, I made a really good one, it works really well, it's light and inexpensive, but it takes a bit of work.

parts:
2 liter bottle
balloon
string/twine
drill
electrical tape
rubber washer

first, take the cap from the bottle and dril a hole in it. you want about a 15x hole in there, trust me, anything smaller just sprays out everywhere. a bigger nozzle causes the water to come out in a huge cps-sized blast. next, stretch the balloon over the bottle's mouth, and push it inside. pretend you are performing an XPS mod on the bottle. just use one balloon. next, take the string and wrap enough electrical tape around one end to make a wad big enough to plug up the hole you made in the bottle cap. basically now you have a plug on a string. push the plug through the hole, and screw the cap on the bottle (make sure not to rip the balloon too much) now, push the plug inside the bottle so water can go in. to fill it, push your sink's water sprayer (I suppose a hose would work just as well) against the bottle top, with the rubber washer in between to make a seal. when the balloon is about the size of an orange, pull on the string just hard enough to plug up the hole, then remove the sprayer and washer. next, go outside, and set up the trap aiming towards a trail, with the string going across the trail and tied to a tree. tent stakes help keep the bottle in place. when someone trips the string, the plug comes out and a humungous blast of water comes out and drenches them. this is the best booby trap I've designed, and the water output is huge.

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:44 pm

I've finally got pictures! But it won't let me add them.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:14 pm

Actually, there is some pretty good information in here, I will sticky this for easier access.

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:02 am

It's not mine, but the most interesting trap I've seen is to take a water or shampoo bottle (empty, obviously), and poke two holes into it on one side, at opposite ends. Like if this is the bottle |======|, you'd poke the holes here: |0====0|. Place tape (duct is best) over the holes. Then, bury it with the holes facing up, remove the tape, and cover it with dirt, leaves, etc. When someone steps on it, it, well, sprays them.
My Armory
<span style='color :p urple'>
4 XP-210s
Secret Strike with drilled nozzle and increased range
XP 310 with shotgun nozzle and fan nozzle
Storm something-or-other pistol
Old "Power Soaker" - hey, it's made by Larami!

I miss my XP 75 classic... I don't miss my XP 85.

Need DOS help or looking for games? Dosgames.com is a great resource, and its forums are excellent, and, hey, I've been a mod there for years!