water balloon launchers

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
fanofbond

water balloon launchers

Post by fanofbond » Tue May 01, 2007 6:56 pm

what do you guys think about using water balloon launchers(3 person sling shot ones) during a water war? (capture the flag)

why or why not? If so feel free to explain. :)

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue May 01, 2007 7:12 pm

I am of the opinion that it's alright to use them, but they're not that useful. I'd much rather use a one man air-powered cannon.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue May 01, 2007 7:19 pm

While I've only used pneumatic launchers (though not very well so far), I heard the slingshot based launchers are very inaccurate and pneumatic launchers deliver slightly better range. However, no sabots nor pre-pressurization is required, which significantly increases the rate of fire.

Saw a thread or post about this earlier but can't find it now. Just going by what I remember, and if most handheld slingshots really do significantly outrange thrown balloons, I might look into those. I saw some place to buy them, but forgot where they were, and they're probably more expensive than what they're worth. (might build a slingshot myself but can't find good material to use)

fanofbond

Post by fanofbond » Tue May 01, 2007 8:31 pm

only reason i said this was to because air pressure launchers a big
the slingshot ones can fold up for one the go use

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 01, 2007 8:51 pm

Air pressure launchers can be small.

No water balloon launcher is especially effective, because they don't have the infinite rate of fire of water guns. You can't aim very well at safe distances. Elastic launchers are better than pneumatic ones for rate of fire, but accuracy is even worse, although range is still passable.

You can use water balloon launchers in wars, but they're not going to do anything. Even intimidation isn't much against some enemies.

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Sun May 06, 2007 4:45 am

Muhahahaha
I just found the most expensive and pratical ultimate water weapons of all time. Regardless from being "home-mades" they are worth the price.
At $225 each plus shipping, paint and design you can buy one at e-bay, if you contact the seller.
For the first one it can fire water ballons (one or multiple) over 500ft, and water at a good distance.

1. Water ballon bazooka

For this one called the water ballon motar, it costs around $245, but it fires over 700FT, and it is remote controlled!!
You can fire single or multiple ballons at will.
Put them in and snipe people at great distances.

2. Water ballon mortar

I hope I have got all of your imaginations running.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 06, 2007 3:47 pm

See the comments in the other thread.

These launchers really aren't exceptional. The bottom one looks extremely impractical - because it has a massive pressure chamber that requires a lot of pumping per shot. I can't tell what kind of valve it uses.

The top launcher might use a solenoid valve, but it hasn't even been modified to get fair opening times. These launchers have extreme prices, and some bells and whistles like paint.

waterblaze

Post by waterblaze » Mon May 07, 2007 12:03 pm

the 3 man thing would take up time and make your team vulnerable i think, You need a single operator to deliever rounds down range