Boy Scouting

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
light bulb boi

Post by light bulb boi » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:26 pm

I was wondering how many people here are boy scouts and what do your troops do. Also what is your patrol name etc.
I am a star scout and am serveing in the position of Senior Patrol Leader. My troop backpacks and is starting to do mountaineering. I just earned the hiking merit badge which is really hard!

Woodrow

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:04 pm

I'm not extremely active as a Boy Scout, but recently I got appointed my troops first ever webmaster. I still haven't made a design I am too fond of for this task, I should be able to eventually.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:08 pm

Heh, I got appointed the same position. I will be star soon.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:14 pm

I actually became Star just a few weeks ago. After 2 1/2 years of being First Class, that's really sad. Problem was that I didn't get too many Eagle required merit badges, I had many, but I took mostly obscure and interesting merit badges such as Wilderness Survival (which I took multiple times) and Atomic Energy.

I should be Life in the minimum required time. And then Eagle from there. This actually works out because a requirements of my county's school system is to have a "graduation project" (bunch of bull-XPBackfire-esque if you ask me). At least according to the administration, and Eagle project should count.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:46 pm

I'm one of the lucky few whose district doesn't require community service hours for graduation, most of the area schools around here do. Although I do think it's a slight GPA bump or something.

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:55 pm

Huh. Man, you've been gone a while now, huh... what prompted the return, Woodrow?
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:43 am

I am a Star Scout and I have been in Boy Scouts almost two years. We don't do much hiking and stuff for a long period of time. I'm trying to get Life, maybe Eagle before high school because I'll be very busy then and won't have as much time for scouting.

Razor

Post by Razor » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:08 am

I'm a star (but that's self explanitory :rolleyes: ).

We do all sorts of outings, including many high-adventure outings I.e. Boundary Waters, Arctic Treks, and Philmont.

light bulb boi

Post by light bulb boi » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:46 pm

Originally posted by Soakologist@Oct 11 2004, 04:55 PM
Huh. Man, you've been gone a while now, huh... what prompted the return, Woodrow?
Lack of a troop outing this month. Anyone going to the national jamboree? What is your patrol names? In my troop we have Bisons, Owls, Wolfs, Foxs, Dragons and Chiefs.
We do all sorts of outings, including many high-adventure outings I.e. Boundary Waters, Arctic Treks, and Philmont.
How is Philmont? How many miles did you hike?

Edit: Were all stars! B)

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:47 pm

As far as HA goes, we do ice climbing, Philmont (haven't been there yet :( Cimarron away&#33 ;) , 50 miles of hiking in Pictured Rocks (upper peninsula of MI), I think we went to the boundary waters once, before I joined. Also, it's not really an HA outing, but we went paintballing a year ago :) . Really fun. Unfortunately, we almost lost our charter. But hey, almost! And it's not like we're going to do another one... Ooh and another thing we go to Cedar Point every other year. Let's see... patrol names are East (named after local school), Bonsai, Foxes, Dragons, Phoenixes, and... uhh... I think that's it. Plus summer camp at Gerber Scout Camp. (soon to become the [third or fourth, I forget] HA base! YEAH&#33 ;)