Busted Blazer Trigger

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
soakernerd

Busted Blazer Trigger

Post by soakernerd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:26 am

The trigger on my WW Blazer broke. I have tried the "rubber band repair", and when that didn't work, I used a random spring from the cocking mechanism of a nerf gun (I don't mean the spring in the plunger tube, just the one that returns the slide to it's original position). At this point, there are so many rubber bands and springs on it that I can't pull the trigger without a ton of effort. Also, when manually moving the ball valve back and forth, I found that it is incredibly stiff. Has anyone had this problem before? Do standard lubricants, like WD-40 work? Thanks for the help.

cantab

Re: Busted Blazer Trigger

Post by cantab » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:22 am

I've had a stiff valve on an SS Arctic Blast. I'd previously removed the Max-D mechanism, so it was an issue with the valve itself. I don't know about oils.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Re: Busted Blazer Trigger

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:28 am

The ball valve has some rubber sealant so I don't think WD40 is safe. Some silicone lubricants are safe with rubber I believe, and I've used one before on O-ring pistons. Spray type lubricants are best because they are easier to spread.

Lubrication should fix up the valve. If the original trigger spring is intact (and not overstretched anywhere), stick with it as it may actually work just fine. (I thought my Piranha's trigger spring broke, but turns out it was fine all along after lubricating the valve)

One thing I should note: the silicone lube I used worked badly in a PVC valve and made it more stiff. However, it has worked well for just about everything else, though I never sprayed it directly into the Piranha's valve (need a tiny straw for it to fit), only the valve's arm.