Speed Loader 1000

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
brownt

Speed Loader 1000

Post by brownt » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Better say hello first :-) Found you all yesterday afternoon, came back today to ask for your help...

My son (3 years old) was looking through a large bag of toys in the garage that his Grandad gave him a few weeks ago and he found what I thought was just a water gun. He came through and asked for help to fill it.

I had a goot look around it but couldn't for the life of me see how it could be filled with water... I then had a little look on the internet and found this site, plus other links mentioning another part that I'd need to actually fill it.

Well, I went out this morning and had a look in the bag and I found the other part!

It seems to work fine, but when I try to fill it with water via a hose it only seems to fill the housing of the speed loader and not the pressure chamber itself.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should look at to see if i can get this working for him??

Thank you for any help!!

Terry

Specter

Re: Speed Loader 1000

Post by Specter » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:31 pm

To me it seems like that latex tubing is worn and broken or has a hole in it. You can take the gun apart and diagnose the problem. If its like what I said then you can try replacing the latex tubing with tubing from http://www.mcmaster.com (If you order before 10am you should have it delivered the same day usually by 3pm depending on where you are located)
here a a couple internals pictures http://www.sscentral.org/gallery/intern ... r1000.html so you can see what the insides should look like
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

brownt

Post by brownt » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Thanks for the info!!

I saw the internal pictures and wondered if it could be that.

Will have a wee look inside tomorrow.

Thanks again!

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:08 pm

Does the water leaks in the casing at the very beginning? Or is it after a few seconds of filling? The speedloader1000 have its security pressure relief valve placed inside the casing at the end of the latex tubing, resulting in water spraying inside the casing when fully pressurized. So if the gun starts leaking after more than 5-6 seconds of filling, it is
normal. ;)

Otherwise, If you can't pressurize the gun at all, that means there's truly a hole or crack somewhere in the internals.
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Welcome aboard! Speedloaders are rare, so I hope this gun gets fixed.

McMaster-Carr no longer sells overseas (from the US), so you'll have to use package forwarding. If that's the problem.
brownt wrote:It seems to work fine, but when I try to fill it with water via a hose it only seems to fill the housing of the speed loader and not the pressure chamber itself.
As JLspacemarine says, that must mean there's a leak. Looking at the gallery images that Specter linked to, it seems the only water container inside is the rubber pressure chamber (which makes sense - rubber allows for constant pressure, which is what hoses have).

That said, you didn't mention a leak so I'm not sure what's going on here. All that water must be going somewhere :rolleyes: . At any rate, once you've opened your water gun, you may want to plug in the hose to see what happens with all the guts in front of you. There's no better time to poke around. :)

brownt

Post by brownt » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:37 am

Thank you all for your help!

I opened it and it looked like the rubber is brittle and this seems to be where the problem lies.

When I try to fill it with water almost immediately the water pours out of it, so it can't be filling the chamber properly.

I'll play about some more with it today and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again!!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:15 pm

Where exactly does the water pour out? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks!

brownt

Post by brownt » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:39 pm

From memory it comes out of the two wee hole at the front of the speed loader, but also other parts (i.e the join in the plastic around where the handle is)

I'm back home tonight so will get pictures tomorrow and post them here of where it comes out, also what it's like inside.

On another note, I know people find it difficult to find the filling part (sorry, don't know what the real name for it is) and I see people asking for dimensions etc to build there own. Can I do anything with the one I have to help people out?

Terry

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:07 am

If you could measure the dimensions of the filler with precision (a cheap digital caliper would be perfect) that would be greatly appreciated by those looking to make a homemade version. Hundredths of a millimeter or thousandths of an inch should be more than precise for what we need.

brownt

Post by brownt » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:04 am

Ben wrote:If you could measure the dimensions of the filler with precision (a cheap digital caliper would be perfect) that would be greatly appreciated by those looking to make a homemade version. Hundredths of a millimeter or thousandths of an inch should be more than precise for what we need.
I should be able to get calipers at work (I work in different schools so the craft & design departments will hopefully have some) and I'll pass on the details.