New Vocab

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
blaze

Post by blaze » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:51 pm

I didn't really know whether to put this in soakage or in off topic so I put it in off topic.

I get very confused when people are always saying that they are going to do a k-mod. I don't know whether they are doing one with low baloon count without check valve freeze or high baloon count with a check valve freeze. so I came up with this. we can call the ones with high baloon count and a cvc a K-Mod (as usual) and one without a check valve freeze a partial K mod (Hey, that's funny. I kinda got that from kazaa). with the colossus, we can call it a Colossus for a check valve freeze and a lot of layers and a C-Lite for no check valve freeze and a few layers. with the spring mod (btw I made this mod lets all praise me) for a high resistance and a check valve freeze we can call it a Spring Mod and without the check valve freeze and with low resistance we can call it a partial spring mod. there you go. Don't put this great vocabulary to waste. it could really help us and maybe save a few posts.

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:46 am

Originally posted by blaze@Jun 13 2004, 03:51 PM
I didn't really know whether to put this in soakage or in off topic so I put it in off topic.

I get very confused when people are always saying that they are going to do a k-mod. I don't know whether they are doing one with low baloon count without check valve freeze or high baloon count with a check valve freeze. so I came up with this. we can call the ones with high baloon count and a cvc a K-Mod (as usual) and one without a check valve freeze a partial K mod (Hey, that's funny. I kinda got that from kazaa). with the colossus, we can call it a Colossus for a check valve freeze and a lot of layers and a C-Lite for no check valve freeze and a few layers. with the spring mod (btw I made this mod lets all praise me) for a high resistance and a check valve freeze we can call it a Spring Mod and without the check valve freeze and with low resistance we can call it a partial spring mod. there you go. Don't put this great vocabulary to waste. it could really help us and maybe save a few posts.
A. I really Don't think this will be used that much.

B. It should be in Tech.
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:47 am

well, whats easier? I have some examples...

example #1:
member 1: im am going to perform a colossus mod on my cps 2000 with 15 layers!
member 2: so are you going to do a check valve freeze too?
member 1: no I am not going to do a check valve freeze.
member 2: ok then!

example #2:
member 1: im going to perform a c-lite on my cps 2000 with 15 layers!
member 2: ok then!

as you can see, this can save many posts and words. and the only way it won't be used is if we are too lazy to do less work, and if YOU (yes, you) Don't help spread the word (hehe...word)!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:01 am

Blaze, people already have done something like that, except it's a little backwards. You weren't here when we had the Partial K mod on the site, in fact nearly none of today's posting members were. I should have added that to the new K mod article, but it seems I didn't. Partial K mod is a K mod without a check valve freeze. I guess you could call it a partial Collosus as well, but no one has in the past.

Oh, and you likely wouldn't have to do a check valve freeze on a CPS 2000 because it has a very high HPL.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:12 pm

On that topic, I would almost never do Collosus on a clyindrical PC. Most of the time, the soaker is already very powerful (I know, I just bought a cps 3200).
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:52 pm

Well, there are some who want more power, and more can be achieved with Collosusing.

Many people who have 3200s do Collosus them. Collosusing is much harder than K modding and does not have results as good. If you are considering collosusing, you should have quite some muscle to yourself. It takes strength to do, that's why it's so much harder than K modding.

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:38 pm

Originally posted by DoomSoaker@Jun 14 2004, 02:01 AM
Blaze, people already have done something like that, except it's a little backwards. You weren't here when we had the Partial K mod on the site, in fact nearly none of today's posting members were. I should have added that to the new K mod article, but it seems I didn't. Partial K mod is a K mod without a check valve freeze. I guess you could call it a partial Collosus as well, but no one has in the past.

Oh, and you likely wouldn't have to do a check valve freeze on a CPS 2000 because it has a very high HPL.
Yeah, but the idea is pretty good. And partial K mod sounds way cooler than Partial K-Mod. Well it's your decision of what you want to use, but I'm just alerting you guys that when I or someone else uses partial K mod that's what we mean.

I was just using the Cps 2000 because it was the first soaker that came to my mind. If I had one, though, I would totally Colossus it, then make some smaller nozzles so that it would hurt like XPBackfire-esque to get shot by it, and people would stay away from you.

blueviper

Post by blueviper » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:58 pm

I doubt hardly any of you remember who made the K-mod and collusus. I was the second person to ever K-mod something(XN was the first), Btw. And, I was the first person he told what the K-mod was.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:37 am

I remember that. I only browsed the Aquatica boards then, I joined later asking for a CPS 3000. You only partially K modded from what I know. XN has shown up here before, he may return eventually. I remember a lot of stuff from then, I also have a lot of stuff saved, I think I'll check it out again sometime soon.

Blaze, I think you're the only one who's going to be calling it that. Partial K mod is what people have called it ever since XN said that, I believe that he was refering to BV's K mod then because BV didn't do a check valve freeze. I'll try to find that post and quote it, I know I have it saved somewhere.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:06 pm

Originally posted by DoomSoaker@Jun 14 2004, 01:52 PM
Well, there are some who want more power, and more can be achieved with Collosusing.

Many people who have 3200s do Collosus them. Collosusing is much harder than K modding and does not have results as good. If you are considering collosusing, you should have quite some muscle to yourself. It takes strength to do, that's why it's so much harder than K modding.
About the Collosus modification, Doom, will you ever write an article about it in your tech section? I would be interested in reading it, if you ever do write one.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:19 am

No, I do not have any guns I can Collosus. People think I've done every mod out there, but I haven't. I don't have a larger arsenal, no cylindrical chamber CPS guns, that's why I don't have an article. If I get a gun I can Collosus I'll write one. Collosusing homemades is very different btw. ;)

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:34 am

how could you even call it colosusing? You are really just assembling it. Unless you made it, didn't like the preformance, and then added more layers.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------