Any good capacity waterguns?

General water gun discussion.
drakenparel

Any good capacity waterguns?

Post by drakenparel » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:57 am

hello all,

long time no see(been about a year).

But lets get to the point.

Ive been looking for a water gun wich has some large capacity of water like 5 litres,
it also has to shoot about 8 metres(around 25 feet).
Is there any sort like water gun in store's?or maybe a older watergun on ebay?
Or would that really bring me to make a homemade water gun?

it's just that at my hood we play alot of water wars and i got a cps 2100(i just found out it's the cps 2100),but if i come in battle with that three things happen:
1:everyone run's away.
2:i can only shoot like 3 full pumps.
3:when im done with that everyone come back and shoot's at me make's me the person wich is very wet.

thats why im looking for something wich has alot of capacity,
Something what woul'd also help is no pumping(not much).

I hope anyone could answer some(all) of the questions.

Friendly greetings,
Joris.

note:my spelling might be a little bad,if so,im sorry for that.
I just found out i already posted a very old thread with some of the questions,i would still like to see some reply's with suggestions.
Last edited by drakenparel on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

isoaker_com

Re: Any good capacity waterguns?

Post by isoaker_com » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:41 pm

The Water Warriors Hydra Pak holds over 6L (4.5L pressurized) and has a range on one of its nozzle settings at nearly 30'. Should still be available in stores ~$25-$30 USD. In terms of pumping, well, you do need to pump it a bunch of times to pressurize it, but then you don't need to pump again for a long time since it holds so much of it pressurized (4.5L pressurized). Main drawback: you cannot pump while wearing the backpack since the pump is on the backpack.

Hope that helps!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:04 pm

That range isn't an issue, but the capacity is. You'll need a gun with a backpack reservoir.

Besides the Hydra Pak, the other current option is a Super Soaker Flash Flood, Arctic Blast, or Aquashock Secret Strike (in that order of preference), which can be fitted with a 3l 'Aquapack' backpack. Total capacity won't be quite 5l, but a little over 4, and provided you don't overuse the big nozzles it will last ages. If you get the Flash Flood make sure it's not the 'SoakerTag Elite' version - that's an older model that WON'T work with the backpack.

An alternative option is to make your own backpack reservoir and connect it to your choice of gun.

BTW, if you really have a CPS 2000 (check the reviews here, not the CPS 2000 has one big nozzle - if your gun is similar but has a nozzle selector it's a CPS 2500) then you're bloody lucky, because it's the most powerful gun ever found. But as you've discovered, that doesn't win the war.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:49 am

cantab wrote:An alternative option is to make your own backpack reservoir and connect it to your choice of gun.
This article explains how to build a water gun backpack.