The Water Warriors Gorgon

General water gun discussion.
Waterwarrior

The Water Warriors Gorgon

Post by Waterwarrior » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Hello Everyone, I am new. My collection is small, but i am building it up. :) I have a question about the Water Warriors Gorgon. Is it the most powerful WW gun? I have one by the way

zeda.beta

Re: The Water Warriors Gorgon

Post by zeda.beta » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:50 am

Of the current day guns I believe so, but there was the orca and the blazer from years past, those could definately be in the same class.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:09 pm

The most powerful Water Warriors gun ever was either the WW Vindicator or the original WW Vanquisher. The current Vanqusher is not as good, partially because of a lawsuit from Hasbro.

Waterwarrior

Post by Waterwarrior » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Isoaker states that it can shoot 13 meters at an angle, and 13 meters would be farther than all other WW guns. (According to Isoaker.com

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Original Vindicator is by far one of the best, if not the best. Not sure how it compares to the original Vanquisher because I never tried it, but the Vanquisher seems to have much better gripping and balance. Neither are available now so I would put the Gorgon as BBT's best. I haven't tried any so I can't be sure, but iSoaker reports that the (newer) Vanquisher's pressure chamber is tiny (175mL), while the Gorgon can push out 510mL without pumping. (Actual numbers are less with pre-pressurization.)

For a sidearm, I'd recommend the Max-D 3000 or Hornet. They usually come in twin packs which beg to be dual wielded, haha. If you can find a Max-D 2000, that's pretty good too. For something slightly larger, you may be able to find XP re-releases or the Max-D 6000. Just don't get anything that's not air pressure or CPS.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:58 pm

The Vanquisher isn't all that great. The shot time is amazing, but the range isn't much better than the Equalizer (Yes, I do own both.), and while it is well balanced, I find the grip to be very uncomfortable.

According to iSoaker, the Gorgon (Who on Earth thought of this name?) does shoot further than any other Water Warrior, but since I've never used one, I don't know anything else about it. I'd like to pick one up at some point though (Along with a Hydro Cannon for modding.). I've never used a Vindicator either (I could never find one. :mad: ).
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

Waterwarrior

Post by Waterwarrior » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:58 pm

I had a Max-D 6000 re-release, but the trigger broke. Any way to fix it? The Hydro Cannon isn't very effective in a soak fest, as you have to shoot, run, and pump, shoot, run, and pump.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 pm

I'd say that names from mythology are better than what Hasbro names their blasters. Of course, neither are as good as the numbers/letters system of the old days.

Post in the repairs thread. There are a number of issues with the Max-D trigger and thus a number of solutions for it. Is the spring snapped, or is it some plastic?

Waterwarrior

Post by Waterwarrior » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:13 am

The plastic that holds the spring as snapped

bauer5152

Post by bauer5152 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:44 am

C-A_99 wrote:Original Vindicator is by far one of the best, if not the best. Not sure how it compares to the original Vanquisher because I never tried it, but the Vanquisher seems to have much better gripping and balance. Neither are available now so I would put the Gorgon as BBT's best. I haven't tried any so I can't be sure, but iSoaker reports that the (newer) Vanquisher's pressure chamber is tiny (175mL), while the Gorgon can push out 510mL without pumping. (Actual numbers are less with pre-pressurization.)

For a sidearm, I'd recommend the Max-D 3000 or Hornet. They usually come in twin packs which beg to be dual wielded, haha. If you can find a Max-D 2000, that's pretty good too. For something slightly larger, you may be able to find XP re-releases or the Max-D 6000. Just don't get anything that's not air pressure or CPS.
Thanks you for the post.

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 am

I have a feeling that this guy ^ is a bot. I'm sorry if I am falsely accusing you, sir, but I am slightly paranoid.
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.