New Pump Idea

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
adronl

New Pump Idea

Post by adronl » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:30 am

Well I was just wandering around Home depot the other day and noticed in the electrical section there is electrical Pipe not sure if its PVC not. I found an expanding coupling that is practically a prefab pump. Regardless I believe it will work & Ill do the test to make sure for you guys. :cool: I will be using these in my New CPH Guns FYI

Silence

Re: New Pump Idea

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:14 am

Those expanding couplings look extremely useful, as long as they're cheap enough. I know many homemade builders have managed to perfect their own ones, and I still want to fix mine, but still. If they were available in smaller diameters and larger lengths, that would help, too.

I've seen conduit pipe before, and I doubt it's well suited for water guns. It's flexible enough that you can use it to route wiring or low-pressure water around bends, but it's really not meant for pressure.

adronl

Re: New Pump Idea

Post by adronl » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:12 am

Well these are pvc or some sort maybe sch80 or not, I'm not sure yet but I have used this type before as an electrician it is for underground, outdoor wiring and it is crush resistant and has been used for irrigation to what success I do not know. But it is not metal and can bond with PVC. On the metal conduit part though you may have just given me a solid idea of how to route cables for the trigger of my new project that or thin flexible copper maybe.