cps 1200 trigger problem

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
screech_owl5

cps 1200 trigger problem

Post by screech_owl5 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:22 am

i have a cps 1200, and recently the firing vale died. after a failed repair, the thing's firing valve is useless. so i looked up the replacement guide, but the pressure chamber uses a diffrent connector then the cps used in the guide. what should i do?

Silence

Re: cps 1200 trigger problem

Post by Silence » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:59 am

Which connector are you speaking of? Save the picture, draw an arrow or something, and post it here, and we'll take a look.

Usually, different connectors aren't too big a deal.

screech_owl5

Post by screech_owl5 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 pm

i dont currently have a working camera, so i used a pic of another gun. the trigger valve connecter is the same, so it doesn't matter.
Attachments
cps diagram.jpg

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:00 am

Welcome to SSC!

In the guide I made sure to note that the procedure I performed is not the only way to approach this problem and other water guns will undoubtedly require a different procedure. Aside from specific suggestions from others you will have to make it up on your own. Once you have figured out a way to approach the problem you can post here and others will be able to use what you learned. ;)

You want to attach the rubber bladder to a store-bought valve while also allowing for it to be removed. With the male bladders that is no problem because a 1 inch pipe has the same ID as the OD of the male end. Female bladders like in the CPS 1200 and CPS 2100 are a problem though because I do not know anything common they will work with.

I would suggest removing the plastic case outside of the rubber bladder and using epoxy putty to attach a PVC male threaded adapter. Follow the instructions in the glues article I listed to use epoxy putty correctly. A 3/4 inch threaded adapter should fit over the coupler. Also, be sure to not attach the coupler on too deep or else you won't be able to close the bladder's case, and do not let the epoxy putty overflow into the inside of the hole from the bladder.

Aside from attaching the PC, everything else should be nearly exactly the same as the CPS 2700 repair I did.

Please post your progress and any questions you have here. It'll be very helpful to those running into the same problem in the future.

screech_owl5

Post by screech_owl5 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:09 pm

since the last post, i have made major progress. one of the first things i did was extend the existing tube leading from the pump to trigger, using an extender and an extra length of tube.

i also got the rubber pressure chamber on using the male threaded adapter( thanks Ben) and a tubing clamp. i sawed off the first two screw holes at the opening of the plastic part pressure chamber to allow space foir the tubing clamp. beyond that, i followed the guide.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:57 am

Sounds like a reasonable approach. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. This might be the second of this type of repair completed. I know others have started it earlier, but few have finished.

screech_owl5

Post by screech_owl5 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:39 am

its working again. thanks for all your help :D

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:54 am

Glad to hear that. If you could post a picture of your method of attaching the PC I'm sure someone in a similar situation in the future would appreciate it. ;)

screech_owl5

Post by screech_owl5 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:17 pm

ok, ive got some pics. i still need to upload them tho.