New Members group

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 03, 2005 10:02 pm

The old "Members" group has been renamed "New Members". There is apparently no option to upgrade all previous "Members" to the new group. Do not worry about requesting to be upgraded - it will be done for you once we figure out how to. That likely will require a MySQL query which we do not know at the moment.

The single difference between these groups - New Members will have a sniplet of the forum rules above the post buttons. This is with hope that when they can not be ignored or missed, they will be followed! It is a trial run at the moment - if enough have a problem with it, we will remove it as always.

If you feel that you need this removed and we do not remove it for you, please email our forums team. We also have this set up at the moment to be removed once you reach 20 posts, however, I believe it only upgrades you after you make a post and only by setting that up, you are not upgraded until you post again.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Tue May 03, 2005 10:31 pm

I'd say this is a very good idea since we have been having many new members that disregard the rules. Hopefully they'll take this user group's modifications into account.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue May 03, 2005 10:37 pm

I sorta like it, will I still get the forum rules above my post button? I think I have more than 100 posts.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed May 04, 2005 1:03 am

Interesting idea. I hope it works out for you. This way the newbs and the inexperienced users have no choice but to look at the rules every time they log on. Pure brilliance. :P

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci