Oozinator problem, please help!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
blueoakleyz

Oozinator problem, please help!

Post by blueoakleyz » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:09 am

I got an Oozinator, my first SS in 15 years and it leaks all over the place... It seems like the air out of the cap too. Is this normal for all Super Soakers or does this model just suck?

Also should I get the Arctic Shock because it's the last of the CPS soakers?

CROC

Post by CROC » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:07 pm

It leaks all over the place... It seems like the air leaks out of the cap too
Your oozinator is probably a bad model, but anyhow, screw the cap on as far as it will go. This will reduce the amount of leakage of air. Open up your gun and take a look at the internals. Check them for cracks and any other way that they could possibly leak. If you want, you can just epoxy over the whole thing, (I think), which should increase the strength of the internals
Should I get the Arctic Shock because it's the last of the CPS soakers?
Hate to burst your bubble, but the Arctic Shock is not a CPS soaker. However, the Arctic Blast is. If you want CPS, you should buy either
a) Flash Flood
b) Hydroblitz
c) Arctic Blast
These are other recommendations, but they behave similar to CPS
d) Blazer
e) Orca
f) Lightning
g) Tigershark
h)Argon
i) Xenon
j) Krypton
Or, search eBay for old CPS/Monster series guns.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:23 pm

I'd say, don't get any hasbro gun (supersoakers released 2003 or newer) except for the flash flood. The rest is just crap or at least sounds like crap. Go for BBT guns and old soakers from the CPS line.

blueoakleyz

Post by blueoakleyz » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:28 pm

CROC wrote:Your oozinator is probably a bad model, but anyhow, screw the cap on as far as it will go. This will reduce the amount of leakage of air. Open up your gun and take a look at the internals. Check them for cracks and any other way that they could possibly leak. If you want, you can just epoxy over the whole thing, (I think), which should increase the strength of the internals

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Arctic Shock is not a CPS soaker. However, the Arctic Blast is. If you want CPS, you should buy either
a) Flash Flood
b) Hydroblitz
c) Arctic Blast
These are other recommendations, but they behave similar to CPS
d) Blazer
e) Orca
f) Lightning
g) Tigershark
h)Argon
i) Xenon
j) Krypton
Or, search eBay for old CPS/Monster series guns.
Yeah my bad I meant the Arctic Blast

I was thinking either that or the Secret Strike (the 2007 "Secret" whatever)

I'm not going to mess with the oozinator, I shouldn't have to fix something so extensively ya know? I'll just return it and hope other SS's don't leak.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:14 pm

Like I just said, don't get any Hasbro Soakers. (except for the Flash Flood) Get the guns we listed, most of the rest is as crappy as the oozinator. (that you can get in stores at least) Arctic Blast? Just get a Flash Flood or one of the BBT Hydro Power guns.

If you're looking for thin-stream pistols and small guns, look for the Max-D line.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:59 pm

Buzz Bee Toys is the way to go. KMart or KBToys should have good guns like the Orca and Tiger Shark.

But back on topic...

Is water dripping out of the gun's seams? If so, try unscrewing the screws and opening the gun to see if there's a leak.
blueoakleyz wrote:It seems like the air out of the cap too.
Could you please clarify this? Thanks. :)

blueoakleyz

Post by blueoakleyz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:39 pm

The air leaked out of the cap too
I'd pump it a bunch and then hisss... the air went away

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:55 pm

That is a problem. I presume the cap was screwed on properly - I often don't put the cap on level and I can't create a good seal. That usually happens when I'm refilling too quickly.

Check to make sure nothing is wrong with the screw threads. Teflon tape on the threads might also help with the seal.

blueoakleyz

Post by blueoakleyz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:05 pm

already returned it
probably gonna get maybe the arctic blast and the secret strike, the two newer guns

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:56 pm

Arctic Blast = Freezing Shotgun
Secret Strike = Secret Strike

I saw the Secret Strike when I went to the mall yesterday.
Soak On!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:10 am

Why don't you get any of the good guns we just suggested?

blueoakleyz

Post by blueoakleyz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:36 am

C-A_99 wrote:Why don't you get any of the good guns we just suggested?
Well, looking at only Super Soakers, those newer ones are the only ones I see on shelves, except maybe Flash Flood

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:48 am

"Go for BBT guns and old soakers from the CPS line."

*hint hint.......

blueoakleyz

Post by blueoakleyz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:51 am

"Well, looking at only Super Soakers, those newer ones are the only ones I see on shelves, except maybe Flash Flood"

hint hint l o l

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 am

Do you not see any BBT guns around your area or what? Most places carry just as much BBT guns as Hasbro guns. (on average at least, some have more soakers, some have more WW's) Otherwise, there is no reason to be "looking at only super soakers".