Yellow "Reason for Edit" Field

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
Silence

Yellow "Reason for Edit" Field

Post by Silence » Fri May 05, 2006 3:52 pm

This really isn't too important, but here goes...

I was editing some other post of mine just now, and I noticed that the "Reason for Edit" field in the post editor shows up as very bright yellow. Does this mean that you must state a reason to prevent some administrator from smiting you or something like that? This time, I managed to get away with editing the post while leaving that field blank, so I'm not sure what its purpose is...

Clearly, this is only a minor concern, but it's strange because the field wasn't always yellow (at least to my knowledge, it wasn't).

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 06, 2006 12:04 pm

You must be using the WYSIWYG post editor. For me, the line shows up normally. I use the basic editor, which doesn't even have BBcode buttons.

The edit field is not required. It only really helps put a reason at the bottom of your posts which can be helpful occaisonally (for example, Reason for editing: Spelling mistake).

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 07, 2006 3:00 am

Well, the funny thing is that the yellow bar never showed up again! I meant to add that to my post here, but I didn't really have the time...

Thanks for the suggestion about why it could have happened. If it ever turns up again, I'll be sure to post in this thread.

EDIT on 5/28/06: The yellow field hasn't turned up again, so I'll just close this thread.
Last edited by Silence on Sun May 28, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.