Help on disassembly

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Shroud

Help on disassembly

Post by Shroud » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:25 pm

I have a Triple Aggressor SS that I would like to open up. Took out all the screws, but now the cap on the pump mechanism seems to be the only thing that is stopping me. I would rather not have to break it, is there another way to get it off?

And since I'm already posting, I might as well ask a few questions:
1) Do any of the new super soaker guns, like the triple aggressor or helix, have cps tech in them (so not just air pressure), or only those guns with CPS in title.
2) If in fact new guns don't have cps tech in them, are CPS guns still for sale and/or coming back?

Also, sorry about repeat posting, because I'm sure these questions are somewhere on your forums... I just can't seem to find them.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:08 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

The pump cap on most soakers is glued on and is usually the hardest part to remove. I've found that in some cases, a consistent, firm, but gentle prying of the cases can often snap the glue and allow the cap to pop off one half of the casing. That's how I got my Triple Aggressor open. Other times, though, the prying method ended up damaging the pump cap. In the end, the pump cap is not too crucial and can be left off or reattached with glue or tape without any significant loss in performance.

As for Super Soakers, the Flash Flood and Aquapack Devastator use CPS-tech. All the other soakers in the new line are either air or piston powered. The Triple Aggressor uses air pressure. The Helix is piston-based.

B)
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:40 pm

iSoaker has explained it all very well! If you want to compare your Triple Aggressor against his, please visit iSoaker's Triple Aggressor internals page.

Also, apologies are mostly unnecessary for breaking our rules. I say that early on in our rules because in many posts people apologize for nothing! I should make that more clear in our rules. I try to make this place a high-quality discussion forum with a relaxed atmosphere. 8)