Ultimate Water Fight Federation of Idaho

Discussion of other water gun websites.
Fox

Post by Fox » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Hi,

A few friends and I have been hydrophilic for quite some time now, and I recently transferred that devotion into making an organization for our obsession. The Ultimate Water Fight Federation of Idaho, or U.W.F.F.I. ("Wuffy"), has just recently come into existence, and I'm quite pleased at the number of people who've "pre-joined" already. Because water fights are notoriously chaotic, we at the U.W.F.F.I. have developed a special set of rules for what's known as "Ultimate Water Fight." These rules make water fights much more strategic, more along the lines of Paintball with more affordable equipment. We accept members in the Idaho area, and set up games between player-formed teams. The website includes a forum, the latest official rulebook, and logged game, player, and team statistics.

As of now, the stats don't work, and we aren't accepting "official" membership for about a month or so. However, we're looking for people interested in the area. Even if you don't live close enough to participate in games, you can still use our rule system, and socialize on the forum. Anyway, try to spread the word around, and let us know what you think. Check us out at http://www.uwffi.tk whenever you can!

By the way, I know this is coming off as blatant advertising, but I'm not trying to steal posters from the board or anything. We just need all the input we can get from those interested in what we have! :)
[img]http://www.geocities.com/sinfoxdreamcore/bnr.jpg' border='0' alt='Picture of a Super
Soaker' />
U.W.F.F.I.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:06 am

Welcome to SSC Fox. It is nice to see some new hardcore fans of water warfare. There are several groups like yours. I like how you incorporated "Halo" type game formats to your rules.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Fox

Post by Fox » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:10 am

Heh, thanks for the welcome. I've always liked these boards, but never taken the time to join until now... I guess I'm just selfish like that. :D

Anyway, I appreciate the peek at my site. The rules are obviously free for anybody to use, so try em out sometime. As it turns out, most of the "founders" of U.W.F.F.I. are Halo fanatics, so the "Slayer" game types seemed perfect. Also, if you couldn't tell, the "Strike" variants are slightly based on Counter-Strike, specifically the elimination factor.

These boards have such a great community... I just hope my own can become a fraction of this someday. I doubt we'll get the same size of community, since U.W.F.F.I. is Idaho-specific (well known as a BORING place), but it can't hurt to cross my fingers... :)
[img]http://www.geocities.com/sinfoxdreamcore/bnr.jpg' border='0' alt='Picture of a Super
Soaker' />
U.W.F.F.I.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:25 am

When Duxburian and I created our site we made a set of forums we never thought would get any attention. Oddly enough they flourished and we currently have over 3000 posts and 31 members. It can happen to any site.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:38 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central, Fox! I have upgraded your membership account.

Keep on trying and you can get whatever you want, given that you push the right buttons. ;)

Fox

Post by Fox » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:49 am

Hey, thanks a lot, Doom! If there's ever anything you need me to do for ya, don't hesitate to ask. Just as long as the word "mafia" doesn't come up in the conversation, that is. :Hey, that's funny.:

Nibor, those are some really impressive stats. As it turns out, I've gotten 22 separate hits in the past three hours of my site's existence, so I'm practically jumping for joy.

Both of you, keep up the good work on such a great site. It's inspirational. :D
Soaker' />
U.W.F.F.I.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:55 am

BTW, a key thing to know when running a set of forums is that the admins/founders need to be active. You should post often and start up the discussion. A lot of boards are inactive mainly because the admin aren't actively posting.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:52 pm

I'm Racer445, but most just call me "Racer." I was away when you joined. Welcome. :)

If you need any graphic work for your site, just ask me!
I don't check this forum anymore.

Fox

Post by Fox » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:14 am

Hey, thanks for the offer, Racer. I really appreciate the interest, and I might take you up on it sometime.

Sorry for the lack of replies. I just got back last night from my trip to the mysterious land of Indiana, and there wasn't a computer for miles. Oh well.

I have another forum user, so we're up to five now. :D I'm trying to stay active on there, but it seems a bit strange when I'm talking to myself... Oh well, everyone already knows I'm crazy! :rolleyes:
Soaker' />
U.W.F.F.I.