low budget super soakers

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
kvdude

low budget super soakers

Post by kvdude » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi all does any one have any idea as to how you can get super soakers on a low budget say for under £10 :confused: as i cant afford some thing as high as 50 quid plus postage
My arsenal (needs improving!!) XP270, vaporizer LOL, Helix, Expedition, water warriors steady stream, shield blaster 3000, 2 uknown red blasters.

cantab

Re: low budget super soakers

Post by cantab » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Charity shops, second hand shops, friends and family, wait until winter when eBay prices are lower, or buy broken on eBay and hope to fix it.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

kvdude

Post by kvdude » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:38 pm

woah cantab you come up with eveything i dont think of LOL
My arsenal (needs improving!!) XP270, vaporizer LOL, Helix, Expedition, water warriors steady stream, shield blaster 3000, 2 uknown red blasters.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:49 pm

Aldi. Last time I checked you could get the XP 270 re-release there for £5.99 or £6.99, I think.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you already have a 270. You can get the Max-D 5000 there as well, but that's probably not such a good buy. I'm afraid that's probably the best you can get for that budget; you might just get an XP 310 or something on eBay for around the £10 mark.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

kvdude

Post by kvdude » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:00 pm

um....... werid i have never heard of a aldi anyway could you plz post a link when i typed it in on google it wouldn't come up and sorry my budget is £20

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:10 pm

kvdude wrote:woah cantab you come up with eveything i dont think of LOL
In which case it would seem your budget is just too low. You'll get small stuff for that kind of money, but nothing huge.

Though, check EVERY big supermarket you can get to. Though I think water gun ranges are diminishing somewhat, since the back-to-school stuff is replacing the summer stuff.
And obviously try toy shops.

Aldi's non-food stock will change weekly or more often. Even if they did have 270's they probably won't now. Netto and Lidl are similar stores.
I think you can probably sign up for an email about their weekly offers.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/
http://www.netto.co.uk/
http://www.lidl.co.uk/

Oh yeah, John Lewis sell the XP240 for about seven quid. At least their Reading store does. Given your current arsenal a 240 would actually be a reasonable addition. They also do the storm 500 twin packs, but I would not recommend them - while powerful and quick to pump, they hold too little water. Even if you dual wield you'll still run out fast.

OT: Can you post photos of your 'unknown red blasters'? QUite probably someone will recognise them.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

kvdude

Post by kvdude » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:25 pm

Ok well i will just have to look out for stuff if im in
a super market, but i am going to eastbourne (south england) next week
and they have a huge shopping mall in there town which is quite cheap
so i will look around there

as for my unkown blaster here is the photo of what they look like, if anyone knows
please name it for me :D
Attachments
DSCF2516.JPG

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:06 pm

cantab wrote:Aldi's non-food stock will change weekly or more often. Even if they did have 270's they probably won't now.
You may well be right, but they had 270s in last year and this year so there's a fair chance they'll still have them.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.