Want to War

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Uriel

Post by Uriel » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:28 pm

[first post on SSC]

Hey all,

Looking for a SS war come spring/summer in Michigan. I'm a hardcore nerfer (nerfhq.com) who has known of SS online community, and I would like to check out a war. I'm under the impression Neo has regular wars and I would like some feedback from him.

I have a Monster X and 5+ splashzookas to war with. I would buy a flashflood for use as well. Any recomendations as to how to mod my flashflood would be greatly appreciated.

For wars I'm curios as to the rules generally employed in a SS war. A link to rules for battles used in Mi. wars would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:09 pm

Welcome to SSCentral Uriel. Good to see you here.

Actually, Neo is, to quote him, "Mr. Hypothetical" when it comes to wars, so he might be keen to have some more (what a weak clause, wouldn't we all).

As for modding the Flash Flood, it's got a cylindrical CPS PC, so probably the Colossus mod.

Regarding Mi. Wars, I don't know of any region-specific rules. Almost certainly, each battle will have its own rules decided beforehand, and they may be based on standard worldwide rules.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Uriel

Post by Uriel » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:43 pm

A link to a Colossus mod or worldwide rules would be much appreciated.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:50 pm

Always search the site... ;)

Collosus mod

As for rules, here are some rules you could use. Others, I'm sure, can say what rules they have found work.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:08 pm

Welcome to SSCentral! I've read many of your posts at Nerf HQ, but recently I haven't had the time to get any posting done at any of the major Nerf forums.
Originally posted by Uriel@Jan 31 2005, 12:28 PM
I would buy a flashflood for use as well. Any recomendations as to how to mod my flashflood would be greatly appreciated.
[snapback]21739[/snapback]
If you're looking for complete modifications all-around on the Flash Flood, I'd suggest the following:

Pressure Chamber: Collosus (follow link Spinner posted) and PC expansion (please PM me if you are interested in making this small 350 ml PC larger though several means as there is absolutely no guide to this)

Nozzle: Add a nozzle selector (follow the Streams article for the best nozzle size)

Reservoir: Backpack mod or a smaller reservoir expansion (simply make a way to attach a bottle to the reservoir)

You also may consider making that small pump larger by replacing the pump shaft with a homemade equivalent. I hear that the Flash Flood takes approximately 25 pumps, which is a lot for a a gun with a small pressure chamber. For comparison, my XP 150 has a larger 500 ml PC, similar output and performance (except for the "Flash Flood" nozzle), but only takes 9 pumps!

Water gun modifications are considerably more complicated than Nerf modifications (at least in my opinion).

Uriel

Post by Uriel » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:15 pm

Originally posted by Doom+Jan 31 2005, 05:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doom @ Jan 31 2005, 05:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to SSCentral! I've read many of your posts at Nerf HQ, but recently I haven't had the time to get any posting done at any of the major Nerf forums.

<!--QuoteBegin-Uriel
@Jan 31 2005, 12:28 PM
I would buy a flashflood for use as well. Any recomendations as to how to mod my flashflood would be greatly appreciated.
If you're looking for complete modifications all-around on the Flash Flood, I'd suggest the following:

Pressure Chamber: Collosus (follow link Spinner posted) and PC expansion (please PM me if you are interested in making this small 350 ml PC larger though several means as there is absolutely no guide to this)

Nozzle: Add a nozzle selector (follow the Streams article for the best nozzle size)

Reservoir: Backpack mod or a smaller reservoir expansion (simply make a way to attach a bottle to the reservoir)

You also may consider making that small pump larger by replacing the pump shaft with a homemade equivalent. I hear that the Flash Flood takes approximately 25 pumps, which is a lot for a a gun with a small pressure chamber. For comparison, my XP 150 has a larger 500 ml PC, similar output and performance (except for the "Flash Flood" nozzle), but only takes 9 pumps!

Water gun modifications are considerably more complicated than Nerf modifications (at least in my opinion).
[snapback]21748[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
Awesomeness! I would be interested in being explained the basics of a reservoir expansion. Wonder if making the chamber larger messes up the CPS system. Give me your methods, and I might get some time to try one of them. Thanks man.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:20 pm

Making the reservoir expansion only messes up pressurized reservoir guns. It is okay for CPS guns.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:26 am

^ Reservoir expansion on a pressurized reservoir gun wouldn't be useful in the first place. :P

I'll get to typing something up about the pressure chamber expansion (in all likelyness tommorow). Expanding a cylindrical PC is similar to the method for spherical PC. Reservoir expansion essentially involves just attaching a bottle in some way. I do not recommend reservoir expansion however because backpack modifications are completely superior in my opinion.

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:36 pm

Originally posted by Uriel@Jan 31 2005, 12:28 PM
[first post on SSC]

Hey all,

Looking for a SS war come spring/summer in Michigan. I'm a hardcore nerfer (nerfhq.com) who has known of SS online community, and I would like to check out a war. I'm under the impression Neo has regular wars and I would like some feedback from him.

I have a Monster X and 5+ splashzookas to war with. I would buy a flashflood for use as well. Any recomendations as to how to mod my flashflood would be greatly appreciated.

For wars I'm curios as to the rules generally employed in a SS war. A link to rules for battles used in Mi. wars would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Roak, MI huh. I have no idea where that is. :D

If it's within a mile of Dollar Bay, I could possibly fight you w. my 4 man squad.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Uriel

Post by Uriel » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:29 pm

Originally posted by vaporizer28@Feb 25 2005, 03:36 PM
Roak, MI huh. I have no idea where that is. :D

If it's within a mile of Dollar Bay, I could possibly fight you w. my 4 man squad.
[snapback]22646[/snapback]

ROak = Royal Oak = nowhere near dollar bay. I imagine you're over towards Grand Rapids. If you know of some centralized Michigna war, please inform me. Thanks