Homemade Soakers for Nerf?

General water gun discussion.
BabyGandhi

Homemade Soakers for Nerf?

Post by BabyGandhi » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 am

I recently started modding Nerf guns and was hoping to make a homemade Big Bad Titan. The Titan is basically a compressed air gun that you pump up then pull the trigger to release the air and fire a foam missile. I briefly read about the home made APH guns that you guys make and I was wondering if you thought the type of technology would work and if you guys had any tips or thread suggestions? I don't need the long sustained air pressure that you guys use for your guns as much as i need small bursts. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Baby Gandhi

mysterio

Re: Homemade Soakers for Nerf?

Post by mysterio » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 am

As far as I know, an APH will provide far more pressure than is needed to fire off foam projectiles, whether it be stefans, darts, or missiles.

Oh, and welcome to SSC!

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:25 am

You have a few different requirements for a nerf gun. You need a much smaller pressure chamber, at least if you only want one shot between repumping. You need an air pump (maybe a bike pump) not a water pump. And I think most important is you need a fast-opening valve, which a ball valve isn't.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

BabyGandhi

Post by BabyGandhi » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:59 pm

So what kind of valve do you suggest? You are correct about the small pressure chamber. Most of them in the Nerf guns are smaller than the 8oz coke bottles. People just rip the internal out of these guns and mount them on other guns. This is why I want to make it myself because it seems like a waste of $30 for just the Internals

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:34 pm

I suggest a PVAT. If you use larger pipe (1 1/4), you will get an exact replica of a titan. The PVAT even uses the same valve as the titan. Using smaller pipe will result in less range, but should be fine.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

stevenfrank38

Post by stevenfrank38 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:25 am

Well I am trying to encode a facebook application that works for the facebook marketing such as likes but the problem is I am not being able to connect to facebook server is there any suggestions ?