Drilling screws

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:29 pm

I read the artical about drilling the screws to open the super soaker if they are to rusted and that is the last resort. Why don't you take the drill bit that is the x shape, like on a screw driver and drill so the screw comes out towards you, like if you were using a screwdriver but really using a power drill. In that artical it said to drill IN to the screw and not be able to use that spot agian for the screw.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:32 pm

That is correct, you use a drill bit to drill right through the screws, then, you will have to go out to the store and find some new ones.
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:32 pm

The problem with drilling screws out normally with a power drill is usually the size of the apature. It can't fit in the hole to unscrew the screw. I suppose if you coulf find a skinnier, fine tunning screw head, drilling wouldnt be needed.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------