Monster X trigger replacement

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
The Stealthy Panda

Monster X trigger replacement

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:36 pm

My Monster X is broken. Not in any serious way, it's just missing a trigger piece. In working condition, this beast can bring any army to its knees, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

SSCBen

Re: Monster X trigger replacement

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:49 pm

You'll have to make a new trigger piece or buy one from someone who has one. Stick around and look for broken water guns. I don't know much about the triggers of water guns, but I assume that some are compatible and can be swapped. Some similar water guns like the CPS 4100, Monster, and Monster XL might have similar trigger pieces.

If you know what the trigger looked like and you have access to a shop of sorts, you might be able to construct one from plastic. Here's a good guide to how to machine plastic: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8007

The easiest thing you could do would be to replace the trigger with a piece of string attached to the firing valve's pin or the pull rod. Your finger would go in a loop. That would be the easiest, but not the best, option. Give it a try, take some pictures, and we can make an article about it for the website. It'll help a lot of people out in the future.

You might have to do the string repair because of the lack of replacement triggers.

Good luck with the repair. :)

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:04 pm

When I first got my CPS 2000, the trigger broke within hours. I replaced it with an SC 400 trigger, and the damn thing busted that one too. I was stuck for a bit, but then I came up with the idea of making the entire trigger pulling assembly out of thick fencing wire.

If you can get some thick wire, you'll need to carefully hold the wire in a vice and hammer all the necessary angles into it. So from where the wire hooks into the trigger valve, to the trigger itself is all one piece of wire. It took me all day to get it perfect but it hasn't broken since. I can open up the gun and get a picture if you like.

Obviously this isn't the easiest way to do it, getting a real replacement trigger would be much better, but as I said that didn't exactly work for me. If you're stuck, it's one option you can try.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:29 pm

Wire is much better than my string idea. Would you mind making a short guide for the website to that repair with pictures? You've described it plenty adequate, but people like pictures to give them a quick idea how it was done.

As you could probably tell from the new website, repairs are a hot subject and I'd like to help as many people out as possible.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:23 am

OK, can do. Unfortunately the pictures I'll be able to take will be limited, as the vice and fencing wire I used for the repair got left behind in New Zealand.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:31 am

Okay, that's fine. Any help is help after all. That's how I approached some of the repair articles I wrote because I didn't have much to work with on some of them, but I wanted to have a "complete" repair guide.