Flash Flood tank mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
K.o.R

Flash Flood tank mod

Post by K.o.R » Thu May 17, 2007 8:31 pm

So basically, what I'd like to do is to make a new cap for my FF that allows me to connect a hosepipe to my backpack tank. Standard hosepipe parts are annoying because when the normal fill adapter is there, they're too big, and without it, they're too small. So I need a threaded cap the same size as my FF's fill adapter, but I don't know what bit to measure in order to get the correct size?

Anyone know if there's a standard size used here or is it epoxy time again?

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 17, 2007 9:02 pm

The Super Soaker replacement part order form has a replacement Max-Infusion backpack cap. You could probably get one of those and plug a hose connection into that.

Or you could modify the backpack hose - cut it, then slide each end into an appropriate hose barb. Attach a real hose to the fitting afterwards.

K.o.R

Post by K.o.R » Thu May 17, 2007 9:10 pm

Ta, unfortunately that form is for US residents only, and I don't have the official SS backpack (we're talking fittings like these)

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 17, 2007 9:18 pm

Oh...so you used a homemade fitting and backpack. It sounds like the easiest thing to do would be to cut the hose and plug in one of those three-way fittings or a few separate fittings.

Still, there's a chance they'll have forms for non-US people as well...but my memory is terrible, so I don't know if they do or don't.

Good luck!

K.o.R

Post by K.o.R » Thu May 17, 2007 9:50 pm

According to Hasbro's UK site, Super Soaker doesn't even exist!

Only option would seem to be finding a cap the same size thread and then modifying that (but I'm not sure how thread dimensions are worked out - would you know?)

Or I could mod the tank itself (add a new fill port with a valve)... :D