Quality of the Aquapack Devastator?

General water gun discussion.

What Do you think of the Aquapack Devastator?

It's (expletive) Awesome!
No votes
It's alright, for a "new" soaker
50%
It sucks royaly
8%
Kinda Lame
25%
I have a Belly Button
17%

Total votes: 12

Baghead

Quality of the Aquapack Devastator?

Post by Baghead » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:48 am

I just recently Purchased two Aquapack Devastators on ebay, and I wanted to know what you guys' opinions of it are. (and that means more than just Silent Guy back-n-forthing With one other person :D )
Last edited by Baghead on Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:18 am

The Aquapack Devastator is not a bad choice, but I sure wouldn't choose one. It has a single nozzle and a tiny backpack. Yes, it is CPS powered, but that sadly does not make up for it's lackings. Modified, the Aquapack probably would be a very good water gun, but as is it sadly is not.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:27 pm

If you're getting a backpack soaker in mid-2006, you could try the Max Infusion: Overload. It has greater capacity and multiple nozzles, and is a much better soaker overall. I voted for "Kinda lame."

Sorry if I've been offending you with my posting style...

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:19 pm

My "Public" Opinion: Not bad for a post-2002 water gun. There are better ones, but this gun can still do well on the field. Range is good.

My "Private" Opinion: I certainly would not use one. Small nozzle, small backpack, what you would expect in a post-2002 gun. I could name over 100 guns which have more overall power, over 50 with more range, and over 50 with more output, all this not even counting homemades. The kind of opinion you would only get from a guy whose arsenal has an average range of 52ft. That would be bad in Nerf, but is quite good and rare in soaking.

So you can take either as my opinion. I've been trying iSoaker's idea of promoting water fight rules more and bashing stock soakers less...
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

laboye

Post by laboye » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:19 am

I agree with Duxburian. I also agree with the "Max Infusion: Overload" comment. That's an excellent gun.
Last edited by laboye on Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot Apostrophe :D

Baghead

Post by Baghead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:21 pm

SilentGuy wrote: Sorry if I've been offending you with my posting style...
I'm not offended, I was just making a joke based on my observations of this forum.

I have an overload, and from what I've seen, it's just a more comfortable version of the triple strike with a big backpack, I gave the backpack to my GF's little brother for his b-day, so I only have the 50 oz max infusion pack on it now. I do plan to make my own pack using what I know about Nerf and potato gun construction.

-bags
Last edited by Baghead on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:36 pm

Well, I'm bad at seeing sarcasm...sorry about the confusion. But yes, I do "back-and-forth" with people quite often, partly because I get obsessed with one topic.

Here's the full iSoaker.com comparison of the two soakers, and given that information, the Aquapack Devastator does look pretty good after all. As I stated above, the Overload has a larger reservoir, a greater maximum output/multiple nozzles, and less pump lag due to a hose cross-section of twice as much area, but that's about it. The APD has a CPS PC, a nearly double the pump volume, nearly double the PC volume, and greater range. The APD's single nozzle must be the perfect mix of nozzles, having an output that's about average that of the Overload's main nozzles, and having greater range than its single nozzle.

It's a tough call, and it all probably boils down to personal preference and skill level, so it's just personal preference.