Pump problems

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:38 pm

This isn't a repair as such, but please help:-

When I pump my CPS 1000, it pumps fine and shoots fine, but if it's pressurissed and I let go of the pump, the pump shaft moves out on its own (because of the pressure). I want to stop this from happening because I'm worried of falling and the pump off.

It never used to do this, and none of my other soakers with the same pumping mechanism have these problems. So presumably this can be undone.

The problem isn't in the pump shaft, its something to do with the tube the shaft goes into (I tried the 1000 pump on my 110 (same size pump) and it worked fine, and I used the 110 pump on the 1000 and had the same trouble).

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Sorry if the description is poor, but it is very hard to describe.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:03 am

That happened on sniper 2150's XP 310, and my Argon. I don't know how to fix it though. If you are really that worried about it you could try to construct a pump guide out of PVC. That would be a good project for you or someone else to try, so you can follow there instructions. I wouldn't be able to do anything miraculous, because I have never used PVC.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:08 am

That problem would have to be with the check valve closest to the PC. The XP 110 pump may be slightly larger and have a tighter seal. Another possibility is that the XP 110 pump has a different seal which prevents movement somewhat.

The only true repair would be to replace the check valve. Other than that, handle the problem. Unless pumping gets to the point where it is hard after the first pump (suggesting the check valve near the PC is not functioning), a repair wouldn't be required.