Quick Vindicator Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
soakernerd

Quick Vindicator Mod

Post by soakernerd » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:37 pm

One of the most common complaints about the vindicator is its limited handle space. This is otherwise the best blaster available, so I found a way to fix its flaw. looking at the internal pictures supplied by iSoaker.com, there doesn't appear to be anything under the handle.
So I figured you could just chop off the bottom. this would leave a jagged hole, but you can fix that with duct tape. alternatively, you could take a large, comfortable handle, and slip it over the Vindicator's, so only the trigger is visible. I have yet to do this, as my hands still fit the gun comfortably.

THIS IS UNTESTED.

On a related topic, it looks like the bladder assembly can be unscrewed to be removed from the reservoir. if it could be K-modded, this gun is a viable replacement for the aging 1000/2100/1200.

cantab

Re: Quick Vindicator Mod

Post by cantab » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:01 pm

I think you're liable to hit the issue that though there are no internals in the area you propose removing, it's needed structurally. Removing it may make the handle unable to properly take the weight of the fully loaded giun.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:27 pm

I don't have a Vindicator but I've seen them in stores and their handles seem to be ok. If you think it's limiting, try the Max-D 3000; I have to grip with my middle fingers on the trigger to handle it well.

If your hand fits, don't worry about it. Otherwise, as cantab noted, it could compromise structural integrity, so only trim off the parts you need to handle comfortably, or replace it with something if you remove it entirely. (like a PVC pipe or whatever)

I should really pick up this gun. The stream pics look pretty nice and even if it's not as powerful as the 1000, it can be k-modded or colossus'd. (not sure if it's bladder is spherical or cylinderical)

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:06 pm

Really the Vindicator's handle isn't that small. It's the Equilizer and Renegade's handles that are tiny. They don't compare to the Max-D 2000 or 3000 in tiny size, but they don't fit even a 12 year old's hand (trust me, I've tested it). Of course, the 2000 wouldn't fit a five-year old's hand.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 pm

The same thing will work with the equalizer and renegade.
a similar technique could be used for most constricting blasters.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:39 am

That's true. The handle's are the same on a smaller scale. I actually might do this on my Equilizer....
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:08 pm

I like the old supersoakers that didn't have full-hand guards but instead only have a trigger guard. It keeps your middle finger from getting rubbed by the trigger and is more comfortable overall. The newer trigger designs are pretty annoying and some demand a lot of finger force to open; the larger Max-D triggers in particular.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Ya, a whole enlosed space isn't very good. The Vanquisher (new WW) actually has a trigger guard, yet it looks like a small handle.

C-A_99, pick up a Vindicator now on Amazon or even iSoaker. I think they're getting discontinued soon!
SPLASH! You're dead!

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 pm

JuchTurtles wrote:Ya, a whole enlosed space isn't very good. The Vanquisher (new WW) actually has a trigger guard, yet it looks like a small handle.

C-A_99, pick up a Vindicator now on Amazon or even iSoaker. I think they're getting discontinued soon!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad: :mad:
The vindicator is the best blaster available!!
Hopefully the vanquisher can rival it. I have my doubts though, as it claims it can hold the same amount of water as the Vindicator. for this to be possible, part of the reservoir would have to be in the front part, reducing PC size, unless the back section is MASSIVE.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:40 pm

Or they've decided to measure with the pressure chamber full.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 am

The Vanquisher looks pretty mediocre so far; just look at the nozzles depicted on the box. That said, they still have the rest of the 2010 line to reveal. Also, I still don't know if I can pick up any new blasters yet but I'll have to see. I'm surprised they're phasing it out because they kept the Orca and Blazer going for quite a while.