Flash Flood

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Major McMan

Flash Flood

Post by Major McMan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:08 pm

First, sorry to add to the large number of FF repair articles.

I lost one FF to a snapped trigger, and I hope not to lose my second one to it. Its trigger has trouble snapping back, and I fear this may be a warning that it will give way soon. I hope give it a quick repair as soon as I know what's wrong. A quick response will be appreciated, as I plan put ol' Flash to good use this Halloween. :D

Thanx!
Cthulhu fhtgan..

My armory: XP 150, XP 220, stripped-down XP 70, Max-D 3000, FF ,Monster '01

C-A_99

Re: Flash Flood

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:08 pm

FF's are specifically designed to break within a year or less. (though some may last longer) The spring inside that closes the trigger is thin and when it rusts, it weakens until it eventually breaks. Theres lots of pictures and repair info around the site though, and may be helpful if/when you need to open up the FF to have a look. The typical repair uses rubber bands but they won't offer a good long-term repair solution, so you may want to look into finding another spring (which is actually not as far-fetched as it sounds, but I haven't tried this yet) instead of having to replace rubber bands periodically and/or deal with them not closing the valve properly.

CROC

Re: Flash Flood

Post by CROC » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:09 am

If you really are stuck with repairs, check out this link:
http://forums.sscentral.org/t2730/
It shows how to replace it, and the snapping is non existant.

Using a spring would likely be a bad idea, considering how the first one broke :D
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back