CPS 3000 PC

Threads about water gun modifications.
Nick

CPS 3000 PC

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:28 pm

I have been wondering about doing a little modification to my CPS3000. I need to know if the plastic bottle that holds the rubber PC is the same size as the one found in the Monsters, CPS2500 and CPS2000(they are all the same size, just different thickness of PC). If it is the same size as the CPS2000's bottle, would it be worth while dropping the 2000's PC in there? That'd be a 4 nozzled CPS2000 with a 2 gallon back pack. :D

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:37 pm

The CPS 3000 PC is mounted differently to a 2000's PC.

The CPS 3000 PC cannot be removed without actively disassembling it.

If you want extra power for a CPS 3000, I suggest you try the Collosus modification, which involves layering bike tubes over your chamber.

Keep the CPS 2000 as it is.

EDIT:I removed your other thread for you.
Last edited by joannaardway on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:51 pm

The CPS2000 doesnt exist as such....it's PC is in one of my Monster Xs. The CPS2000 itself broke ages ago, so it got chucked, but I kept it's PC.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:05 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central.

Well, if you really want to do this, you should try to measure the plastic casing. If the large disc at the end of the rubber tubing has the same outer diameter as the inner diameter of the casing, then the thing will fit fine.

But the connections from the chamber to the firing valve may not match up. Since I should assume that your Monster X with the CPS 2000 rubber bladder is operational, then if you would want the rubber bladder to be used in the CPS 3000 the connections from the chamber to the firing valve should be the same (or at least very similar). You should check to see if these match if you would want to do this.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:42 pm

If you want CPS 2000 type power from a CPS 3000, the easiest thing to do would be a bladder replacement. The only person to have done this reported no change in power from his repaired CPS 2000.

Images from this repair are available in this thread: http://forums.sscentral.org/t3710/

While you're at it, it would also be a good idea to do a PC expansion modification to give the chamber more room for expansion and therefore more capacity. Replace the plastic housing with a slightly larger diameter one and you can get more expansion. You might also have to do a check valve freeze, but you probably already know that. :)

This would be a good idea because you wouldn't have to canibalize your CPS 2000 to beef up another gun... you can have both!

If you want to do this modification, please take pictures. The only images of this repair/modification we have are in the thread I linked to, and more would be appreciated to help those with other water guns. Some people have serious trouble translating images from one water gun to another.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:37 am

Ben wrote:If you want CPS 2000 type power from a CPS 3000, the easiest thing to do would be a bladder replacement. The only person to have done this reported no change in power from his repaired CPS 2000.

Images from this repair are available in this thread: http://forums.sscentral.org/t3710/

While you're at it, it would also be a good idea to do a PC expansion modification to give the chamber more room for expansion and therefore more capacity. Replace the plastic housing with a slightly larger diameter one and you can get more expansion. You might also have to do a check valve freeze, but you probably already know that. :)

This would be a good idea because you wouldn't have to canibalize your CPS 2000 to beef up another gun... you can have both!

If you want to do this modification, please take pictures. The only images of this repair/modification we have are in the thread I linked to, and more would be appreciated to help those with other water guns. Some people have serious trouble translating images from one water gun to another.
Yah, I saw that it's pretty amazing! I also found the pic of the HUGE cat giving the camera the evils hilarious! I guess cats don't like water guns. ;)