broken cps 4100

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
neighberaaron

Post by neighberaaron » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:00 pm

Hey, I pumped the cps 4100 to hard and that red circular ring on the inside at the front of the gun cracked. Anyone have one to sell or no someone that would? If so my screen name is aim-rolleroo2 yahoo-neighberaaron.
-thanks

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:43 pm

Please use our Repairs template to help us identify your problem.

What red circular ring are you talking about? Are you sure that it is needed for the water gun to function? Please provide a picture.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:05 am

He means the orange thing connected to the trigger valve. When you pull the trigger it pulls back the little rod with a spring on the trigger valve. You can't really explain it that well.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

death angel

Post by death angel » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:24 am

Hey, I pumped the cps 4100 to hard and that red circular ring on the inside at the front of the gun cracked. Anyone have one to sell or no someone that would? If so my screen name is aim-rolleroo2 yahoo-neighberaaron.
-thanks
I doubt anyone would ever sell it to you as it is needed for the gun to function. He is talking of the orange ring that the trigger rod is connected to. Without it you can't pull the trigger valve.

I'd say your best bet is to open the gun up, and try and repair the ring. Use something strong, because that particular part of the gun is under a lot of stress.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:50 am

Originally posted by neighberaaron@Jun 7 2005, 06:00 PM
[snapback]25217[/snapback]

Hey there neighberaaron, let's see what I can do here. From my understanding I think you are talking about the orange pressure gauge around the bladder? If so, you may have pumped the chamber up so hard it broke past the gauge, snapping it. I am not sure how much extra you pumped, you potentially could have burst the chamber, in which case your gun is toast. If it did not explode, you will just have to guess and not pump too hard, do some research on Isoaker.com for the recommended number of pumps. If you decide to purchase a new gun, contact hasbro, explain what happened, and more than likely they will give you a new gun. Write back, I would like to hear more from you :)