Please Give Me Repair Advise Monster Xl

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
waterboy

Please Give Me Repair Advise Monster Xl

Post by waterboy » Wed May 19, 2004 6:07 am

Hello,

My Monster XL blew up after a few uses. I still have the plastic tripod protectors. One of the pressure chambers blew to pieces sending purple plastic all over the place. This happened while using the Quick Fill Device. The water did not fill the resivor instead it blew up the PC.

Thanks,
Waterboy
Attachments
Monster_XL_DamagedPC.JPG
Monster_XL_DamagedPC.JPG (95 KiB) Viewed 1847 times

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 19, 2004 9:44 am

You could remove the remains of that PC and then fill in the hole. Your only other option is PC replacement, which no one has done except for me.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed May 19, 2004 1:34 pm

[at]Doom
Pc replacment in a spherical or cyndrical soaker? I've done it with spherical before.

[at]Waterboy
Holy Soakers! I've never seen one blow up like THAT before!

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu May 20, 2004 5:16 am

That's awesome!
could you put a shperical PC in for the other one? Oh, no, you couldn't duferent workings. How would you do a clyndrical replacment? Doesn't sounds possible really. Did anything happen to the actual PC. you might have a busted release valve that is not letting the overpressure PC back into the reservoir. You could probably get a sheet of plexiglass, and glue it to replace the purple plastic.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

waterboy

Post by waterboy » Thu May 20, 2004 7:15 am

The rubber bladder is fine only the purple plastic blew to pieces. The expossion was pretty bad lucky no one got hit in the eye.

Is that release valve the same check valve you recommend freezing for "K" modding? If so that will save me some work since I might as well mod it while its apart. Since the bladder holds the water what do you think about me using a slightly larger cylinder for volume and modding for pressure?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 20, 2004 9:49 am

If the check valve (release valve) isn't working then you wouldn't need to freeze it because it already is frozen. ;)

If it's the plastic is broken, remove the plastic and replace it with PVC or something similar. The chamber might get damaged in something like that. I think 3" PVC you might be able to get in, I'm not sure though.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat May 22, 2004 3:46 pm

In your original post you say it was "after a few uses". Why not go back to the store and ask for your money back? They'll probably give you the money back and let you keep the bits...after which you can use the money to repair the soaker. ;) It might work.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 22, 2004 4:12 pm

At this day and age, I doubt he got it from a retail store. Either ebay, or he hasn't used it for a long time. If you did buy it relail, where?
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 22, 2004 4:19 pm

He probably bought it a few years ago, like most people who have water guns. eBay is only the market for people who don't have all they want.

waterboy

Post by waterboy » Sat May 22, 2004 4:19 pm

I bought it for Toys R Us a long time ago when they first came out. I broke it a long time ago and kept it. Too much time past to take it back or get another and do a swap return. So I kept it with the hopes of one day spending some time to repair it or salvage parts from it.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 22, 2004 4:21 pm

it blew up a long ime ago? or other stuff happened?
BlueSoak.net

waterboy

Post by waterboy » Sat May 22, 2004 4:25 pm

It blew up a long time ago.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 22, 2004 4:50 pm

I've got another idea, one that will be cheaper than my first.

Open the gun up, take out the broken part. Duct tape it from the inside and outside, that should keep the PC from damaging the CPS bladder.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 22, 2004 5:50 pm

Or you could make it single PC reliant.
BlueSoak.net