My gun problems.....

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Me iz wet

My gun problems.....

Post by Me iz wet » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:52 pm

Well 2 of my guns have problems....

Xp 270:

Hole In resivor (Tryed to fix with eletrical tape... bad idea..)
When i pump it just slides and no pressure is made
Its way to hard to press the trigger
WILL NOT FIRE!!!!

Max-d 6000:

Trigger is stuck
To hard to pump
Copy and paste kirby and we can dance all over the forms!
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>

CROC

Re: My gun problems.....

Post by CROC » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:24 pm

If it hasn't been said before, welcome to SSC!!

For the XP270, use epoxy putty to cover the hole. For the pump, replace the O-ring on the pump shaft. This should let the gun shoot, since it can now pressurize. Try lubricating the trigger, and check for stuck parts.

For the 6000, do you mean stuck open or closed? We can't help if we don't know which way. Lubricate the pump to make pumping easier.

If you can, take pictures so that we can help even more
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:44 pm

We're going to need more information. The hole should be easily fixed with the method CROC mentioned. Read this page for some more information. Open both water guns and take pictures. If you notice anything suspicious take some pictures of that. Pictures help tremendously.

On the XP 270, the pump sliding easily could be caused either by a bad seal as CROC mentioned, a leak somewhere in the pump itself or pump valve assembly, or a broken check valve. Everything except for the last mentioned thing is easy to repair. Read our guide to leaks and this page about repairing cracks.

A hard to pull trigger could be caused by a number of things. Which one in particular is the problem should be obvious when the water gun is opened and perhaps pressurized when open to see how well it functions. Check out this page for your Max-D 6000 too.

We'll need some more information about how the XP 270 will not fire too. Will it not fire because the pump doesn't pump water? Are you able to get it to pump water sometimes and the trigger doesn't work?

If the pump's too hard read this page.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:51 am

Does the XP 270 currently have a full pressure chamber? That makes a difference in evaluating jammed triggers.

Other than that, there's not much more to be said thanks to CROC and Ben. :cool: