Help with Liquidator!

Threads about water gun modifications.
Bembi-Shawn

Help with Liquidator!

Post by Bembi-Shawn » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:13 am

Hey,

I am writting this post because I am in need of help with this question. Some one told me that it was possible to Put a 3 L bottle over the Liquidator`s reservoir cap, he also said that it wouldn`t just increase the capacity but also the range. I tried doing what he told me but, I found out that this cannot be possible, unless I had done something wrong. :confused: When the Liquidator is shot with the 3 L bottle over the reservoir cap is allows all the pressure which you have pumped to be realesed, causing very short range.

Please some one help me on this question, Thank you. :)

Bembi-Shawn

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:54 am

That sounds very like a mod on the main site. In fact *checks it* - it is a mod on the main site.

Use glue to fit it in, or other things. Ask Ben... he did it first, rather than me (I haven't needed to do it yet) so he will know best.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:12 pm

This modification is on the site, listed under SoakerTag Reservoir Expansion under Capacity Modifications.

The 3-liter bottle will not fit on its own. When Ben and I did this, we used a lot (probably a few feet) of teflon tape to get the bottle to seal. Teflon tape is usually used to make sure that threaded attachments seal well. To fill the gun with this modification, you would fill the 3 liter almost all the way and then screw on the Liquidator upside down so that the water does not fall out. Then invert the Liquidator to its normal orientation, pump, and shoot.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Bembi-Shawn

Post by Bembi-Shawn » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:59 pm

Yes but, on the site it also says that the distance will be increased, but how is this possible if once the 3 L bottle is pushed down that it also lets all the air (pressure) out?

See Ya,

Bembi-Shawn.
Last edited by Bembi-Shawn on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:49 pm

Bembi-Shawn wrote:Yes but, on the site it also says that the distance will be increased, but how is this possible if once the 3 L bottle is pushed down that it also lets all the air (pressure) out?

See Ya,

Bembi-Shawn.
I'm pretty sure you screw it directly onto the liquidator, where the former "fast-fill" cap was.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:25 am

Who said it lets the air pressure out? The Liquidator, being a PR gun, will have a larger reservoir/PC with this mod, and it creates a perfect seal if you use enough Teflon tape. Think of it as an extension of the reservoir/PC.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:18 pm

Bad mistake...this is just about the worst thing you could have done. He banned you for good reason; I don't know the details, but looking at your post quality (or lack thereof) and rudeness, I could imagine why. By the way, Ben is not the n00b here...

EDIT: This post was in response to forum spam that has already been deleted.
Last edited by Silence on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:54 pm

It seems to me like the only problem you would be facing with a Liquidator is not acheiving a good enough seal. Since it's a PR gun, it'll lose pressure (what you're talking about), if the seal between the reservoir cap and the bottle is not air tight.