CPS 4100 simply does not shoot

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
sedgej

Post by sedgej » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:50 pm

I have a CPS 4100 and it simply will not fire. Everything appears to be fine, the trigger pulls down, but no water is ejected. theres no broken connection between the trigger and near the front of the gun and the pump appears to be fine. I was just wondering if this may be a common problem that anyone has come accross and may know some methods of resolving it. Any feedback would be appreciated.
THaNKs
SeDGeJ

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:10 pm

Open it up and take a picture. That's the only real way to get help in this situation. Read the repairs template for more information.

I am fairly sure that the problem is either (1) too high pressure for the valve to handle or (2) a trigger rod that is too short. Both are rather uncommon, but I don't see any reason why they can't be fixed.

elusiveviper723

Post by elusiveviper723 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:59 am

my 4100 has the same problem. I think that it has too much pressure behind the valve. how would you fix this problem? my 4100 has no modifications done to it.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:43 am

Originally posted by sedgej@Apr 30 2005, 05:50 PM
I have a CPS 4100 and it simply will not fire. Everything appears to be fine, the trigger pulls down, but no water is ejected. theres no broken connection between the trigger and near the front of the gun and the pump appears to be fine. I was just wondering if this may be a common problem that anyone has come accross and may know some methods of resolving it. Any feedback would be appreciated.
[snapback]24423[/snapback]

From what you are saying I think you mean the trigger is pulling backwards ok? If this isn't the case, please specify. Fill the tank up and try to pump water into the chamber, you said the pump "appears" to be fine, the valves may not be. You will hear the internal mechanisms working inside the gun as it pumps. By no broken connection, I assume you mean no breaks in the plastic. It's not a common problem, but not a rare one, either, it happens from time to time. Try out what I recommended. If you can get pressure and fire, great. If you do not get pressure, a valve is busted, and I suggest getting a new one or looking around for a new valve to repair it. If you get pressure and the gun automatically fires without the trigger being pulled, the valve that lets the water shoot out of the gun is being left open. For some reason I do not think pictures will show much.

If you decide to get a new one, end Hasbro an email explaining how it was broken. Last I mailed them, they sent me a better CPS 4100, the kind that rarely has structural issues. Good Luck