Soaker price questions

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Kimura

Soaker price questions

Post by Kimura » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Since I just joined and really haven't been to in tune with the used water gun market, I figure maybe some of you fine people might know. :)

I was wondering what the average price XP 105s and XP 20s go for, and how rare are they to come across either via internet or flee markets, yard sales, etc. As far as I know they aren't anything special (I just really like them and always have), so hopefully they aren't too expensive.

Thanks!

steelboot

Re: Soaker price questions

Post by steelboot » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 pm

XP 105's are uncommon, but not rare. We'll probably see five to ten 105's on eBay in the on season. Try going on Google and searching "super soaker XP 105 craigslist". This will show every 105 entry in the craigslist network. You'll probably find some and you'd be surprised at how many sellers on Craigslist are willing to ship.
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 am

XP 20's pop up occasionaly on ebay, just a few weeks ago a guy was selling two XP 20's and an XP 220 for $6, with $4 shipping. Just keep a sharp eye on ebay, something is bound to pop up eventually.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:32 pm

If you're lucky enough to find one at a yard sale, it's probably going to be very cheap. Only a couple bucks.

Kimura

Post by Kimura » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Last year I saw a Monster XL at a yard sale...man I wish I could have stopped and picked it up.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:21 pm

105s were really common around Cambridge a few years back, but I think the owners of many moved away, and of course some broke, so you don't see them so much now I think.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Kimura

Post by Kimura » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:47 pm

When i was younger I got close t getting the one I was given work again. When I got it, if I remember right, it wouldn't pressurize, then it would leak water. finally I got that stuff working and the nozzle wouldn't close. This was like 8 years ago. I finally gave up on it but kept the gun. However the reservoir and the grip for the pump and the grip covers for the handle are missing. I may find the reservoir if I'm lucky but I doubt I'd find the rest of it.

There's one up on ebay now I see for $25 starting bid with a buy it now of I think $28 and $6 shipping. Seems a bit much for one, but I dunno. Any purchasing will have to wait until after I move...just good to know what to expect price wise.