XPS

Threads about water gun modifications.
used man

XPS

Post by used man » Fri May 30, 2008 12:01 am

so today i decided i would test my modding skills by trying to mod a ss100 that is badly torn up. so first i cut off the top of the pc and stuck a balloon around the stub i pumped while i held it on. when i fired it went about 3 feet. so i tried to add more balloons but i just couldn't get the new balloons over the original and there are no xps guides on the website.

_
/ \ dash=cut
\ /
-
| |
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

SSCBen

Re: XPS!!?!?!?!?!!!??!!?!!??!

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 30, 2008 12:05 am

The XPS guides were removed because the XPS modification isn't beneficial. What you did wasn't XPS anyway. XPS did not involve putting a hole in the pressure chamber, just putting balloons in the chamber.

You probably just ruined that pressure chamber so I would suggest epoxying on another small bottle. ;)

used man

Re: XPS!!?!?!?!?!!!??!!?!!??!

Post by used man » Fri May 30, 2008 12:14 am

I guess ill just scrap it it didnt always work right any way.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

Silence

Re: XPS

Post by Silence » Fri May 30, 2008 7:44 pm

I thought that the balloon PC, which used just a couple balloons to separate water and air, was the one that required an intact PC. XPS actually uses balloons as the pressure chamber, so drilling a hole might be a good idea if you want constant (if low) pressure. That said, I wouldn't recommend it because the water gun still doesn't have much capacity for high performance.

Drenchenator

Re: XPS

Post by Drenchenator » Sat May 31, 2008 11:09 am

XPS is pretty much a useless modification. The only real benefit it gives you is that it lets you shoot the gun at any angle. Other than that it's likely a royal waste of time. You can't make your air pressure gun into a monster with a few balloons--it's not the K-mod.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.