Hello and... help?

General water gun discussion.
blueoakleyz

Hello and... help?

Post by blueoakleyz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:28 am

Hello
I haven't played with Super Soakers in a long time

When I was really into them and played with them I had a couple of SS50's, the SS30s with the holsters, I think even the slingshot and the extra tanks on the belt. Then I pretty much lost any of the friends who I played with them with. I remember always wanting the SS100

I also remember owning an MDS, SS300 and maybe the SS200 although I don't remember ever really playing with them

Anyway I'm looking for a new Super Soaker just for the hell of it, I'm not planning on playing any serious wargames or anything like that (don't even know anyone to play with em with), just something that's on the market and could be fun.

I was thinking maybe
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search

or

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search

oops those links were supposed to be a two pack of MaxD 5000's as well as the secret strike
Last edited by blueoakleyz on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Welcome to the forums! All I can say if you want older soakers is to try eBay or ask friends. :)

It sounds like you're looking for medium-sized or smaller blasters. If that's the case, both of the items you linked to should be okay, although the Secret Strike is new and we know little about it. The Max-D 5000, in my experience, has been a fine gun. However, I have not seen the MD5K in my local Toys R Us.

The smaller guns in the Max-D line, such as the Max-D 2000, also pack a punch in a much smaller size. I saw the MD2K and the MD3K at Target, about $5.00 each.

You could also look into guns produced by Water Warriors, the new water gun division of Buzz Bee Toys (BBT). In my opinion, BBT has produced much better water guns than Super Soaker has ever since Hasbro bought Super Soaker.

Funny, I had that MD5K dual-pack open in a different tab in Firefox already...

blueoakleyz

Post by blueoakleyz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:27 pm

it was weird visiting the super soaker section yesterday, because last I remember were the traditional soda-bottle style tanks of water, with the air reserves etc and then I saw these new ones and they were all reeeeally funky looking ones.

I looked at the evolution and I could really see how they got that way.. but I wish I had bought some in between

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:22 pm

I found those old bottle-style reservoirs to be a pain. At the least, the caps have helped relieve this a bit, but the quick-fill caps (the newer ones at least) work pretty nice. (well, we can't forget about the super charger system either)

I've seen some re-releases (which I believe were done last year) of the XP-70 lately too.

Most CPS blasters are as fun as they are battle practical.