Gen Taloneer's guide to Soaker Shopping and Saving

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Jadefalcon09

Gen Taloneer's guide to Soaker Shopping and Saving

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Introduction
--------------

- I’m sure a lot of the members already know how and where to get there soakers, but this is a guide for new people to the site. This guide contains information from old Threads that contained tips on where and how to buy soakers.

In the Spotlight and Comparison
-------------------------------------

- Into the spotlight of soakers, you feel you need that blaster, because it's the best. Believe it or not, the Soakerdom Community has been in a very steep slump for about the past 3 years. Only 1 company ran the scene, Hasbro, who wasn't producing blasters adequate to the likings of the community for practical Water Warfare. While you will see those Soakertag guns or EES weaponry on the common battlefield today, you will also see other teams, the Elite of the Elite.

- Compared to the guns that are available today, you compare their guns to yours. You think yours is pure XPBackfire-esque right? Well we are here to fix that. Most Elite teams use a type of Water Blaster called the "CPS line, in where the stream, power, capacity, even sometimes size outmatches its Air Pressure brethren. While you may feel your gun is not XPBackfire-esque, you may feel that it is inferior. There are a number of places you can get the Elite weaponry, but be warned, it is a difficult trek to find them, and will cost top dollar.

What can I do?
-----------------
- Well, from here I assume you’re not a spoiled brat, who uses their parents for money, I also assume you buy your own soakers at this point. If you do, good job, that shows responsibility in a young adult. As for buying Soakers, you will need to find an income, and to what extent I can help with. Find a job, ask for an allowance increase, or just be a general help to your community or family, it eventually gets rewarded with something. For me, I started my own business from cutting lawns the past 2 summers, and I made about $500.00 USD from it.

- Obviously, the good thing to do with this much money is to NOT BLOW IT ALL, and save it. If you need a special gun that bad, get ready to take a lot out to pay for it. If you won, congrats, just hope it didn't blow too much out of your pocketbook. There is always a way to find income, even if you think it is hopeless. Like Einstein said, "I haven’t failed; I've just found 10,000 ways it won't work."

- From here it depends if you’re a collector or user. If you’re a collector of water guns, watch the spending, and only go after the big sharks occasionally. For users, only get what you really need, do you want to be stuck with a cannon to big for ya?
Also look to the community for opinions, as to if this gun is for you. Read statistics off Isoaker.com, and most importantly ask, it’s the way to get answers.

Where Can I look?
----------------------

1.) Ebay, or other Auction Sites.- If you are lucky, most of the time the high powered ones are here. Be ready to shell out tons of money, people will get on personal levels to win that "CPS 2000" that could be the last one ever in the history of Ebay. Of course another may pop up, we don't know. Generally this isn't a good idea, but go for it if it is a last resort. Also check the "This week's Ebay Guns" thread for rediculed guns on our radar.

2.) Garage Sales. - You may be lucky to find something for really cheap, but I doubt it. While I have not found anything from Garage sales, it is a good idea to check around anyways. Think, a CPS 2000 for 200 dollars off Ebay, or one moderately used, excellent condition from a yard sale for 5-10 USD?

3.) Other Users Online- Possible. I’m not saying this is bad, or our members are scammers, but generally not trading/buying/selling with other members out of auction sites makes everything a little more difficult. However there are some good people here, and most are honest, good people ^_^ .

4.) Toy Stores. - Id imagine you’re almost guaranteed to find something here. Check stores Like Toys'R'us, or Sports Authority, they may have some CPS's left from previous years sales. I scored at my Local Toys'R'Us in Kutztown, I scored 3 CPS 4100s left there at 33% off.

Keep your guns in good condition, and never throw one away unless it's completely useless. Upgrading from Air Pressure to CPS in the frotn line is an Awe-Inspiring experience, to which many don't get to experience today. Good luck, and Pm me or post a message here if you have something to add to help others find soakers, or ask questions.

edit- The Trade Forums also offer great Pinnies on where to buy, look, etc. Here Are a few::

Filtered Ebay Search For Elite Water Warfare Weaponry
Cloud's Guide to Water Blaster Prices, Value and Ebay Price
Couple other Mini-Sites to buy from
This week's Ebay Soaker List

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:51 am

Pinned, if you'd like us to add this to the site for more coverage, please post or contact me. ;)

Thanks for the FAQ btw. This should help new members.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:43 pm

You can find pretty darn good deals at yard sales. I found a CPS 1700 and CPS 2700, both working perfectly (with some slight exterior marks), for $2 apiece. You can't beat deals like those!
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:09 pm

It's a good article. The only bit I don't really agree with is the "Other Users Online- Not recommended" part of it. Maybe is could be reworded to "Possible", or something like that? The Trading Forum, is, after all, to "buy, sell or trade water weaponry".

EDIT: I see you've changed it, cheers! :D
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

cosineandcamber

Post by cosineandcamber » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:56 am

when do stores start selling waterguns? I have been looking everywhere and have been told that they don't have any in stock.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:09 pm

Depends from store to store and country to country. Try asking the manager or someone behind the counter. They usually will tell you when they get their water guns shipped in. Where I live I learned that the local Wal*Mart gets their water guns sometime in March each year after asking. ;)

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:03 pm

Ben, why did you type "Wal*Mart"? Is there some sort of filter or search that you want to evade? By the way, I'm just asking, in case you prefer that other members do the same...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:16 pm

No filter is being avoided. I only write Wal*Mart like that because if you look at the Wal*Mart logo, there is a star between Wal and Mart.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:45 pm

Ah, of course. I guess I don't get "Low Prices, Every Day" as much as I should. Oh well.

Getting back on topic, I don't think WalMart always has the best selection. Sure, I have only been there a few times during the on-season, but they only seem to carry the weaker Super Soakers. Toys-R-Us seems better for Buzz Bee, etc.

Do any major retailers still sell Storm guns? Unfortunately, there is not much documentation on these pistols. I did notice a lot of green and blue Storm 500s a month or so ago at Shenanigans, a local children's toy store, when I went to get a present for some kid. I was certain that I had been going for either the 300s or a larger pistol, but now I'm not so sure :( . However, it looked like the pistols would be there for quite a while, and maybe I'll pick up a couple to dual-wield like Aayla Secura: green on the right, and blue on the left. This may not be the right forum, but I had been thinking of coupling the pumps of each gun to the body of the other to pump each one at the same time--but the aim would probably go off.

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:50 am

It is now 2007 April and Super Soakers (CPS 1000-4100 series and Monster series are IMPOSSIBLE to buy from retail stores and go for huge prices at E-bay at RARE intervals)
I only hope they go back to the original CPS design and make one that can shoot 65 feet at Nozzle 50X with 4 turrets on each hand with a kick stand mode like the monster XL, but weighing only 25 lbs when full of water...
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:26 am

I don't know if that's possible or practical. Ben's SuperCannon II (search on the forums for it) gets ranges in the 70s, but barely any shot time, and it's dangerous.

Convert 20 pounds to kilograms (the max amount of the weight in water), convert that to liters, convert to ounces, divide by 50 of whatever oz/sec 1X is...and you'll have the shot time in seconds. Probably not going to be much.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:11 pm

1x = 30mL/second. You might as well stay with metric for that.

It is not possible to have a gun with those specs, though a good APH can come close - 50x+ with 55-60ft, though I wouldn't be sure about weight or the 4 turret thing. Then again, you can get hundreds of x with 70+ ft via water cannon, but that wouldn't be light.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!